schedule TI tasks with Windows task scheduler?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by riechert, Nov 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. riechert

riechert Registered Member

Using TI 8 (not server version) I can schedule backup tasks within the TI software. I'm assuming that the actual scheduling/execution is handled by one the services that TI installs. Can these same tasks be scheduled with the windows task scheduler or other third party task scheduler? I was looking at www.visualcron.com which has a free task scheduler that is much more flexible than either the TI or windows schedulers.

2. riechert

riechert Registered Member

anyone?

3. foghorn

foghorn Registered Member

I don't know, hopefully someone better informed will tell you. My impression is that first of all you need to have a command line program and its interface to know what switches to pass in. I understand such a program is only available with the server version of the product.

Comments please from those in the know.

4. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

Only the server version is scriptable. However, with a little effort, you could use the freeware "Autoit" to automate a backup.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

I just want to confirm that only Acronis True Image Server version has the command line utility that can be used in order to schedule backup tasks.

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.