Schedule Scanning Issue

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Ultravires, Dec 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ultravires

Ultravires Registered Member

Hey, i used BlackSpears guide to configure nod32 2.70 version on Vista, however when i ever i setup the custom scan and at the last part in the guide after i configure the part to schedule a scan and tell it to run the task, it does not seem to run the task, however it does seem to just slow down the computer as i can see in the task manager it is using up resources, but i get no dialog box window, showing me what is being scanned etc and since i get no window, i am not able to pause the scan or do anything. How can i fix it, so that it shows a dialog box comes up showing what is being scanned?

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Ultravires, welcome to Wilders.

It sounds like you have set up a "Silent Scan", in which case it can not be stopped. You would need to set up a standard command line scan that pops up on screen if you would like the ability to stop it.

Cheers :D

3. Ultravires

Ultravires Registered Member

Hey Blackspear, you are right, after trying to setup the first scanning method you mentioned, i noticed that it did not seem to work for me and i used the second method, which i now realize that it says it is a silent scan, is there any way i can get the first method working? or is there anyway i can get the 2nd method working without it being silent? like i want to config it, so that the dialog box comes up, so i know it is scanning at the desired time and i am able to pause or cancel the scan etc. Oh yah, when i check nod32 system setup section it says the silent mode is off, but even though you are saying i am using the silent scan.

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

It’s a matter of finding out what is fairly unique to your system. I would start by deleting the problematic scan and add a new one, this time only add the C Drive in to scan instead of /local

No, that scan is designed to be totally silent and unstoppable.

The first part refers to no notifications by NOD32, the 2nd part is to do with scanning; so 2 separate functions.

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.