Schedule Backup Type for "Backup On Shutdown"

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by paulw9, Apr 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paulw9

paulw9 Registered Member

When I shut down my system, I'd like it to do a full backup every Sunday and a differential backup on every other day of the week. As far as I can tell though, when you select the backup on shutdown option, you cannot select the day of the week as well so it's not possible to schedule a different type of backup depending on the day of the week. Is there any way to work around this?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello paulw9,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I'm afraid that Acronis True Image does not allow you to schedule such tasks. The only only available option for you is to schedule a task on a specific time at Sunday to create backup.

We will certainly take this enhancement into consideration and probably an additional option for such tasks will be implemented in future versions of Acronis True Image.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. GhostBeGone

GhostBeGone Registered Member

Wow! I would really like this feature too! I was dismayed when I discovered that you cannot do that. It seems obvious to me. Please add it in the next release!

Wayne

4. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

The other way to do this is to schedule a normal backup and then shut the system down from the post command.

F.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.