Schedule at shutdown

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by isvaljek, Apr 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. isvaljek

isvaljek Registered Member

I'm using the current trial version of TI 2009 Home, and don't know how to get to the option to schedule a backup on computer shutdown(only have option at startup/once per day).
    Is it a limitation of trial version?

2. isvaljek

3. babac

babac Registered Member

Hi,
    Please have a look at this post where your issue was debated.

4. isvaljek

Thanks for the link, but that's not what I was looking for. I need to schedule the backup task to fire upon shutdown of computer, then procede with the shutdown, as help states there should be four events for triggering the backup job(I only have two):

Upon event execution parameters

You can set up the following parameters for the Upon event task execution:
    • Run this task - select an event from the list:
    - At system startup – the task will be executed at every OS startup
    - At system shutdown – the task will be executed before every computer shutdown or reboot
    - At user logon – the task will be executed each time the current user logs in to the OS
    - At user logoff – the task will be executed each time the current user logs off the OS
    • If you want to run a task only at the first occurrence of the event on the current day, check the Once a day only parameter.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello isvaljek,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image

I suppose you use Windows Vista operating system.

There is no option to set a scheduled task to be run at shutdown or user logoff if you are using Acronis True Image in Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008.

The Winlogon service of both Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 is totally different from the one of previous Windows operating systems. The scheduled tasks associated with Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008 have been disabled in GUI.

See this article for more information.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

6. isvaljek

Thanks for the shutdown tip, now I'm trying to figure out how to make the task run auto on shutdown, I'm thinking along the lines of group policy shutdown script.
    Now if only I knew how to start the predefined job from the command prompt, and make it a blocking call.
    I've read something about the /script switch in a thread discussing TI 8 (or 9), so I'm not sure about the relevance to TI 2009, can you confirm this?

7. Acronis Support

Hello isvaljek,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

Actually, all scripts and appropriate settings available for the previous versions of Acronis True Image Home can be applied to Acronis True Image Home 2009.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

8. isvaljek

I've made some progress in the form of a group policy "shutdown" script that runs TI2009 backup job, but currently it only works if I use it as a logoff script.
    I've tried two different runas programs(to allow TI to run as admin) and they both work when run from desktop or as a logoff script, but when run as a shutdown script they cause a very slow shutdown(5-10 minutes) and no output. Any ideas as to why that might be? I'm running vista x64.

9. Acronis Support

Hello isvaljek,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

Try the following:

1) Click Start -> Run -> Type Regedit
    2) Find the following directory [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management] -> ClearPageFileAtShutdown
    3) Right-click on ClearPageFileAtShutdown -> Modify -> In Value Data field type 0 (zero)

This will help to clear Page file. See if the issue persists.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

10. isvaljek

It must be something else as it already is at 0.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.