Scedule PerfectDisk 7 Job

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by huntnyc, Nov 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

Does anyone know how I could schedule a PerfectDisk 7 defrag job for every first Monday of the month. I don't see any way to do this in the native scheduler but if there is another way for me to do this, I would appreciate your help and thanks.

Gary

2. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

Re: Schedule Perfect Disk 7 Job

Hi Gary :)
    You could use the schedule task wizard in the control panel. Just make sure that in services in administrative tools in the control panel you have perfect disk and schedule set on automatic and that you set perfect disk to do the task

Regards

3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

4. huntnyc

Ron, looked through this but don't see how to scedule monthly through PerfectDisk scheduler.

Nick, I see how to run PerfectDisk through Scheduled Tasks in CP, but how do I get the specific task within PerfectDisk to run and also, do I disable the scheduled task within PerfectDisk itself and thanks to both.

Gary

5. NICK ADSL UK

Just set up perfect disk in schedule task wizard and then go in to the advance settings and set the day and time from there. There is no need to disable anything within perfect disk as far as i am aware of. For this to run correctly don't forget that you have to be a administrator of your computer and also to use the same password. I myself use perfect disks own scheduler to come on once a week. If by any chance this doesn't work then please get back to this thread for some other work around

Regards

Attached Files:

6. huntnyc

Nick,

I guess what I am not understanding is,

1. If I have the schedule enabled in PerfectDisk, I don't want it do run at those times because there is no allowance for monthly scheduling there.

2. If I use CP Scheduler, then how do I specify the specific task to run, for example "My Jog" task.

I hope I am stating clearly what I am saying here. Could it be I could set PerfectDisk to run the task only once and then let CP scheduler tell it to run it each first Monday of the month?

Thanks again.

Gary

7. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

On PD 6, it looks like you have reschedule a monthly defrag each month. I don't schedule defrags, but looking at the scheduler, this appears to be the case.

8. NICK ADSL UK

As i say i use perfect disk 6. If you go into scheduler in perfect disk you can set the day and time in there which i have just noticed just goes to show how many times i have looked in there so you could try that to schedule your task ? As for monthly scheduling you will have to use the control panel method i feel

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.