Scans while computer is logged off

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by dsmcd01, Jul 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dsmcd01

dsmcd01 Registered Member

Hello...

I'm looking for professional grade anti-virus program for a business (150+ computers Win32) that can do scans while the computer is logged off. Sophos sales said they could do it, but I haven't been able to get it to work. I've read that NAV can't do it. Panda looks doubtful, but I'm trying it.

Any suggestions?

Thx,
    D.

2. Honyak

Honyak Registered Member

I use Extendia AVK single engine (Kaspersky) as my back-up on main box. It will scan and update even while logged off all accounts. It is $9.95 USD from http://www.extendia.com/
    Do not expect any support. They say 30 minute reply time, but do not count on it. I have had no issues though and only use it as on demand, I use DrWeb for RTM AV.
    Or I believe KAV full will do the same. There are probably others and someone may point you to them.

3. gigaman

gigaman Guest

avast! can certainly do it, too.

4. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

I have just tried an scheduled scan with Kaspersky 5.0 Pro logged off and it worked.

The business version of this is Kaspersky 5.0 Workstatiom trial download to the right in the link, and there is a adminstrationkit too, you should try out too, link to this at the bottom. Documentation can be downloaded here. :)

5. dsmcd01

dsmcd01 Registered Member

Looks like by changing Sophos' service logon from local service to local system, that scans can happen at logoff.

Thanks for all the replies. Keep 'em coming if there're any other suggestions.

Nice to know I have options.

Thx,
    D.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.