Scanning with SpywareBlaster?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by bigbear639, Aug 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigbear639

bigbear639 Registered Member

In a number of webtv newsgroups people claim that they scan for Spyware with SpywareBlaster. The claim is that there is a Scan Button on the Update Page. I have been using Spyware Blaster for many years and haave never seen such a Button. Can someone please either set me straight or post a reply if there is or is not such a Button. Thank you very much.

2. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Can you give us the links to those webtv newsgroups ?

There is a bogus product with a very similar name, i expect it might be that one they are talking about. Javacools SpywareBlaster doesn't scan, but does actively block bad ocx's

3. bigbear639

bigbear639 Registered Member

The only Access to webtv is with a webtv box. It cannot download or scan, it is strictly an Internet Appliance for email and surfing. There is no way one could access the groups. I posted several times that there is no scan button on SB, but have been told that I am wrong. I suspected that they are not using SpywareBlaster but a different product with a similar name. That's why I wanted to know if SB from Javacool could scan?

4. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

In a word, no.

snowbound

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.