Scanning outgoing mail

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Vuejade, Jan 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vuejade

Vuejade Registered Member

Sorry if this question has already been asked/answered, but I have done several searches and still haven't found a definitive answer.

Does NOD32 scan outgoing e-mails (Outlook 2000) and place the

text in the e-mail message for the recipient to see?

I realize that AMON handles most of this before the e-mail and/or attachments are sent but I would like to have this notification in my outgoing business e-mails if for no other reason than to give my business associates "a warm fuzzy" that the e-mail they are receiving has been checked.

If the message is not displayed, it would be a nice option to have.

TIA

2. Phil_S

Phil_S Registered Member

No NOD doesn't scan outgoing emails directly, but IMO it is not necessary, since anything you attach to an email will have been scanned by AMON on access anyway.

I would also rather ensure that I check incoming emails than rely on a message in the email that it has been virus checked on someone elses machine, so from that point of view I think that messages attached to outgoing email are of limited use, if any. How can you as a recipient be sure that emails checked on sending were checked using the latest virus definitions, by way of just one example?

Far better (IMO) to suggest that your business associates practice safe hex, check incoming emails for themselves, and "trust no-one".

Nevertheless, if you want to include such a banner in your emails it is normally a trivial matter to arrange within most email clients and need not involve NOD directly. You would not be telling a lie, since AMON will have checked the attachments as I have indicated :cool:

But I think there are much more important things for the NOD developers to be concentrating on!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.