Scanner for Windows Live Messenger

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by KillerK, Aug 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KillerK

KillerK Registered Member

Hello there,
    I am running ESET Nod32 v2.70.39. I realize this version is a little outdated, but I cannot afford a newer version due to financial problems. I would like to know how I can configure Nod32 to work with Windows Live Messenger since I cannot receive files that my contacts send me.

Thanks in advance! :'(

2. PaulB2005

PaulB2005 Registered Member

You know you license for NOD32 2.7 is also valid for NOD32 3.0?? You don't have to pay any extra to upgrade to 3.0 and can do it at any time. You only need to pay the annual fee to keep downloading the virus signature updates....

Also a little more information on what happens when a contact sends you a file might help - error messages etc

3. nonoise

nonoise Registered Member

have a look here:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=91785
    its for nod32 v2.5 but i think it stays the same for v2.7

for nod32 v3:
    Windows Live Messenger -> Tools -> Options -> File Transfer

add: "C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\ecls.exe" --log-file=log.txt --action=clean

4. angelo_lopes

angelo_lopes Registered Member

Does this Eset command-line scanner ecls.exe accept --action=delete instead of clean and are there any other recommended switches? I always RTFineM and don't know where you find those things... :-(

Thanks in advance

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.