Scan Targets

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by COSMO26, Oct 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. COSMO26

COSMO26 Registered Member

5.63/10 Computer Literate using Trialware/Expect to buy. Trialware "NOD32 My Profile" defaults to scan only Personal Folders & Archives when Disk is C:. Surely Directories-Files must show "C:" but when I added C: it scanned 20K files (NAV (gag) use to show 112K scannned). Not sure of NOD32 target "logic". What is correct/best Directies-Files set-up in Scan targets? Many Thanks! :)

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hello,
    if you wish to scan all files (even internally), select all objects to diagnose in NOD32 scanner setup and, in addition, click the Extension button and select all files for scanning.

3. Thanks for Reply! In Process of installing after purchase. I really do not know "What Should Be Scanned" and always assumed that if Norton scanned 112K files, they were all important. Would appreciate the most logical set-up for Directories-Files, currently Personal Folders & Archives. I read this screen to say that in C: drive it will scan Only Personal Folders and Archives and it seems more should be selected. Also, Mention of Extensions button confusing. It appears to list all extensions "To Be Scanned" so further use of it doesn't make sense to me unless I'm adding something new. Many Thanks! :)

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

See the attached setup...

Hope this helps.

Cheers :D

Attached Files:

5. COSMO26

COSMO26 Registered Member

Thank you! My setup tab matches yours now except for MAPI is unchecked. Was advised prior that if I'm not getting Outlook email "via Exchange server thru MAPI" (ISP's POP3 server is main email source) that MAPI is not relevant and IMON is checking emails. Thanks again.

6. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

AMON setup I do the same, as well as IMON...

Cheers :D

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.