scan problem

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by deva12345, Oct 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deva12345

deva12345 Registered Member

i have Eset Smart security 4.2.64.12 installed on my computer....i have scanned all my computer i found out viruses n they were all deleted by eset....When i tried to scan the System Volume Information folder(default for System restore)...it did not scanned even a single file ...no of files scanned='0'

when i scanned using MalwareBytes,,,the Real time protection detected 105 viruses in C:\System Volume INformation folder...:blink: :blink: :blink: o_O o_O o_O ....AINGo_O(haha)

how does that happy why the AV didnt Sanned even a single file in folder...
    i know all settings very well...i have set context menu scan to Scan all Files and folders....
    anysolution?

2. toxinon12345

toxinon12345 Registered Member

You Scanned with MalwareBytes Realtime protection? that´s strange....
    AFAIK, Realtime protection is not on demand

3. deva12345

deva12345 Registered Member

you got me wrong
    when i scanned with malware Bytes....the Real time protection of Eset detected viruses in C;\System volume Information

during scanning the malware Bytes was as well scanning C:\System Volume information...at that time Real time protection of eset found virus...not earlier

4. toxinon12345

toxinon12345 Registered Member

ahh!!
    ESET On-Access Scanning has warned you saying that MalwareBytes try to access an infected file. :cool:

5. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hi deva12345,

Instead of scanning that folder, completely empty it instead. Turn System Restore off, reboot and then turn it back on. You can then create a new Restore Point.

BFG

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

On-demand scans are run in the account of the current user so I assume you, as the current user, didn't have permissions to access the files in that folder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.