Scan on creation of new files

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by mgbowman, Sep 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mgbowman

mgbowman Registered Member

I'm having a race condition with NOD32 AV and a user who is digitally signing PDF documents. As part of the process of adding a digital signature, a signed copy of the original pdf is created and I assume being scanned. An error is created by Adobe Reader X stating the file is currently open. If I temporarily disable real-time protection everything works fine. This makes me believe NOD32 is getting it's hand on the file prior to Adobe Reader X signing the document.

My question is I cannot find a way to disable real-time protection in ESET Remote Administrator Console -> Policy Manager for a specific directory. Currently I have worked around this issue by adding PDF as an excluded extension however this is a huge security risk for me. I would like to be able to create a pseudo "secure" directory which she can place the newly created (signed) PDFs into and NOD32 wouldn't scan in real-time. After she has signed them, she can organize them into her profile and they would be scanned. Is something like this possible?

Thanks in advance!
    --mgbowman

2. DrewD

DrewD Eset Staff Account

You can simply make an exclusion for the directory in question:

How do I exclude certain files or folders from Real-time scanning? (4.x)

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2153

Using an ESET RA policy, you would navigate to the following path in the ESET policy:

"ESET Smart Security, ESET NOD32 Antivirus" > "ESET Kernel" > "Setup" > "Exclusions"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.