Scan hangs up at 77%

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by TouchuvGrey, Dec 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TouchuvGrey

TouchuvGrey Registered Member

Scanning Drive E NOD 32 scans to 77% in 2-3 minutes but takes almost 2 hours to scan the remaining 23% and slows my computer way down during that time. 2.53 GHZ processor, 512 meg RAM XP, Home SP2. All other hard drives scan very quickly. Drive E is almost identical in size to Drive C ( appx 75 Gig ) but has fewwer files and programs on it. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. o_O

Mike

2. rumpstah

rumpstah Registered Member

Hi TouchvuvGrey:

Any large image/archive files on Drive E? Uncompressing those types of files can take a while.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Does turning off the scanning of archives in the on-demand scanner setup make a difference?

4. swabe

swabe Registered Member

gee thanks! that help, and I found my problem, It was a temporary file made by direct connect, when i turned off scanning of archives it work, and i deleted the temporary unfinished files from dc, and i can scan again my drive,

hope TouchvuvGrey will fix his too =) happy holidays

5. TouchuvGrey

TouchuvGrey Registered Member

With archive scanning uncheched, NOD32 scans appx 70,000 files in 2:07, with scan archives checked, it scan 220,000 files in 2:17 appx 10 minutes difference. i do not believe that is the problem. Nor are there and particularly large files on that drive, graphic or otherwise.

Still Puzzled

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.