SBIE & DEFENSEWALL

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Overkill, Mar 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pegr

pegr Registered Member

I assume you're referring to the apps in my signature. They all work well together with no conflicts. I primarily rely on the combination of system-wide policy restriction (AppGuard) and system-wide virtualization (Shadow Defender), plus Sandboxie for web browsing just for some additional belt-and-braces security.

DefenseWall would have been just as good a choice as AppGuard, but I chose AppGuard because it is 64-bit compatible and therefore already future proofed, which appealed to me for when I eventually get round to replacing my ageing Windows XP system.

With my setup I don't need a real-time AV except when I am working from home. The remote connection to my workplace VPN checks to see if a real-time AV is enabled and refuses the connection if it doesn't find one. That said, avast! is so light and unobtrusive that I leave the real-time protection enabled all the time.

2. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Have you left windows firewall at its default settings or do you use a frontend for it?
    Thanks.

3. Overkill

Overkill Registered Member

Seems like a sold setup :)

4. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

I agree with AppGuard being another fine choice to run with either Sandboxie or Shadow Defender. (or all together)
    Currently have a license for it, if I was on 64 instead of 32 bit it most certainly would have a spot in my setup.

5. pegr

pegr Registered Member

I'm not concerned with outbound application control so just the Windows XP firewall on default settings behind a router.

6. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

thanks.i never considered outbound control on a clean machine an issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.