Saving specific folders and or files by default

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by Retadpuss, Apr 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Retadpuss

Retadpuss Suspended Member

I would like to run my system virtialised by Returnil as a default. I have used file manager to identify all the folders and files I want to save and I know I can manually choose to save all these to the real system, but is there a way to have Returnil do this by default? Also - Im assuming where I have selected a folder to be saved that all new contents of the folder will be saved?

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hello Retadpuss and welcome :)

No, Returnil sees each as seperate content. This means that if you add the folder to the list, only changes to the folder itself will be saved after checking it it in the list and then clicking the "update Selected" link. You will also need to add the files within that folder you want to save.

If you do not change the folder properties there is no need to put the folder itself on the list...

Yes and no. You can use the supported command line parameter to do this (...\Returnil.exe /FILEUPDATE) but you will need to do the following:

1) Make sure all files and/or folders you want to save are checked in the File Manager list
    2) Use the command twice. The program is designed to open the GUI (if not open) when presented with the first instance of any command line WITHOUT acting on the command given. This in part to ensure that malware cannot simply add itself to the list or cause the list to be invoked silently.

We are working on more robust approaches to this and other features in the comming generations (3x and above)...

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.