SAVE TOR IN JAPAN - Anonymous Responds to the Japanese National Police Agency

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by zmechys, Apr 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zmechys

zmechys Registered Member

2. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

That's sad, but it wouldn't be the end of Tor in Japan.

One can use Tor through VPN services, and one can tunnel VPN services through Tor. So neither ISPs nor websites could see Tor.

3. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

Unless they block VPN services as they do in China, Iran and a few others. I know some folks think these services are untouchable, but they aren't. The last people who are going to be listened to though are Anonymous, so I don't know what Anonymous is thinking will happen. I'm surprised, yet not too surprised at Japan wanting to block TOR. Surprised because Japan is generally a friendly country when it comes to most rights of citizens. But not too surprised because they also clamp down very hard on crime and dish out severe punishment for even small violations at times. Of course, like any other government, they also have a tendency to overreact at times. This being a pretty good example.

I wouldn't be shocked if the Yakuza didn't insert themselves into this one. They have a lot of power in the media alone, and have the respect of a lot of the population. Anonymous has nuked too many bridges with the people they're always talking about protecting.

4. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

Yes, that's a serious concern.

At some point, it might be necessary to use covert channels such as packet timing. Bandwidth would be very low, however :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.