Save Spam settings

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by sethm1, Apr 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sethm1

sethm1 Registered Member

XP SP3

Is there a way to save Spam (white/black lists) settings?

Is there a way to save the Eset settings?

I ask as when I convert to Vista, it would be nice to transfer the Spam settings so that I do not have to re-teach the spam control in Windows Mail.

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Instructions on saving the blacklist and whitelist for ESET Smart Security's antispam module can be found in ESET Knowledgebase article #750, "How do I export my ESET Smart Security Whitelist/Blacklist to another computer?."

To import and/or export ESET Smart Security's settings, open the ESET user inteface from the system tray notification area, press Ctrl+M to make the main menu bar visible (if it is not already so), and select Setup → Import/Export Settings… from it.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. ofthatilk

ofthatilk Registered Member

This method of using a previous ESS blacklist / whitelist obviously only works if you have used ESS before. Is there any way I can actually IMPORT a blacklist / whitelist from a previous spam software into ESS? These lists are plain text files with email-addresses, 1 address per line. It's just that there are loads of them, so it would take forever to enter them all manually.

Otherwise, such a feature would be a great addition to any future version of ESS.

Cheers

Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  4. sethm1

sethm1 Registered Member

agoretsky - thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.