SATA RAID 0 to USB HDD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by trevvor, Aug 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trevvor

trevvor Registered Member

Hello Everyone,

I have my Windows XP Pro OS and all my applications configured on a SATA RAID 0 volume. I need to do some "disk maintenance" on the SATA drives and therefore need to wipe the SATA drives and reload windows. I want to be able to keep my system working while I rebuild windows on the SATA drives so I've cloned the SATA drives using True Image 9 to an external USB HDD and configured it as an additional OS (i.e., XP1 and XP2) but I'm always getting errors when trying to boot up the USB drive.

After updating TI 9 Home to the latest version (3677), I read in the help files (under "What is Acronis Universal Restore?") that cloning to different disk systems is impossible due to the systems having different device drivers.

OK, so how can I migrate my current OS and apps from my SATA RAID drives to my USB drive? I've read several posts on the forum unfortunately the more I read the more confused I get. Is there another application that does this or is this always going to be an impossibility?

Thanks so much,
    Trevor

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.