SATA Problems

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jimAtSparta, Feb 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimAtSparta

jimAtSparta Registered Member

I have a Dell Poweredge SC430 that I am trying to restore images too. I have two SATA drives installed with the images on the second drive. I am using TI Build 1018 (2005-12-0:cool: of the software. My problem is that when I go to the restore section, TI says it cannot read sector 128, 63, 64, ... I have run chkdsk on the drive to make sure it is not a drive issue. In addition to that problem, I cannot browse my 2nd drive for tib images. They are just not there, but if I boot into windows they look fine. Can someone help me out here as to why I am encountering these problems?

thanks in advance.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jimAtSparta,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

First of all, please make sure that you use Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (101:cool: of Acronis True Image 8.0 Server for Windows.

Please also check each partition of both hard drives by Windows utility in the way described below:

- For Windows 9x please use Windows menu Start\Run then enter the command "scandskw" and test all drives;

- For Windows XP please use Windows menu Start\Run, then enter the command "chkdsk c: /r" "chkdsk d: /r" for every partition of your hard drive.

Note that you will need to reboot your computer in order to scan the system partition.

If the problems still persist with Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (101:cool: of Acronis True Image 8.0 Server for Windows then please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Note that since you use Acronis True Image 8.0 Server for Windows you should press F11 button when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears and not when the selection screen appears (Acronis True Image 8.0 Server for Windows Bootable Rescue CD does not have a selection screen).

If that does not help either then the most probable reason for the problems you encounter is that your particular SATA controller is not supported yet.

Could you please provide us with the following information:

- Create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

Please note that sometimes the sysinfo.txt file is not readable from under Windows. In this case please try entering the file name using capital letters (SYSINFO.TXT) or follow the instructions provided in this previous post of mine.

If you do not have a floppy drive then please take a look at this previous post of mine explaining how to save the sysinfo.txt file to USB flash drive.

- Let us know the exact vendors and models of your SATA controller and hard drives.

Please also do the following:

- Launch Acronis Report Utility once again and select the "Create Bootable Floppy" option;

- Insert a blank floppy disk in the A: drive and proceed with creation of the bootable floppy;

- Boot the computer from this diskette and wait for report creation process to finish;

- Collect the report file from the floppy;

- Rename the report created from under Windows to report_win.txt and report created using the bootabale floppy to report_diskette.txt.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problems appear and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problems and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.