Sata Harddrive incompatibilty?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by geronimo, Nov 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geronimo

geronimo Registered Member

I have two PCs,an older Pentium III with PATA HD, and a new PC with SATA. I've had the occasion to use TI8 and TI9 on both computers. I've restored the P3/Pata twice because of trojans( ^$%& NAV2005!), with no problems. I got one the frequent WinXP blu scrns of death on the new computer, only the last time. I couldn't reboot. I tried a restore TI9 2302, only to discover a corrupted backup. Luckily, I keep critical files/programs on DVD's, so no major problems on a manual format/restore, except 1 1/2 days involved. I'm convinced the combo of SATA HD/WinXP is very unstable.

2. GHammer

GHammer Guest

I have no problems on my system with 2 SATA drives. I restore images from one drive to the other when I need to get back to a known state.

You mention BSODs.

I have not seen a BSOD in ages with XP SP2.

When I see someone who has frequent problems, I always ask what they have 'tweaked'. Are they overclocking? Have they found what is causing the BSOD (usually a driver, beta drivers at that).

Before deciding that this or that tool has a problem, I'd suggest finding what is wrong with your systems, your tweaking, your drivers, or (for the trojans) the user.

The way I read this (and others like it) is

XP doesn't work
    Norton doesn't work.
    TrueImage doesn't work.

I'd think that unlikely.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello geronimo,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

It should be said at first that Acronis True Image 9.0 supports both SATA hard drive and Windows XP without any problems.

Could you please provide us with more detailed information on the problem?
    What exact error message have you received?

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Last edited: Dec 7, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.