Sata Harddrive incompatibilty?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by geronimo, Nov 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geronimo

geronimo Registered Member

I have two PCs,an older Pentium III with PATA HD, and a new PC with SATA. I've had the occasion to use TI8 and TI9 on both computers. I've restored the P3/Pata twice because of trojans( ^$%& NAV2005!), with no problems. I got one the frequent WinXP blu scrns of death on the new computer, only the last time. I couldn't reboot. I tried a restore TI9 2302, only to discover a corrupted backup. Luckily, I keep critical files/programs on DVD's, so no major problems on a manual format/restore, except 1 1/2 days involved. I'm convinced the combo of SATA HD/WinXP is very unstable.

2. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

My personal experience is that it's the combination of SATA, Windows XP, AND TI 9 that's unstable and there's no good reason for Acronis to leave things that way.

I'm hoping that the next build will resolve the issues enough that TI 9 works right for me again. In the meantime, I'm startin' to get used to the alternative backup method I've been using.:eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.