Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by PaulBB, Feb 28, 2007.
Which one and why ? I'm looking more at the detection rates than real time shields etc...
hello ive got both programs on my pc.
sas pro first
1. very light on resourses
2. realtime protection to block malware installations
4. very good at removing hard to remove malware.
5. only uses one process and low memory usage
6. custom scanning.
1. interface a bit cheap looking
2. no self protection atm as far as i know
3. no protection to stop changes to hostfile
1.lots of shields to protect you against threats
2. self protective shields
3. custom scanning
i will add more advantages later if i can think of any
1. bsod in version 5.3 if all shields active when closing IE7
2. resourse hog and takes along time to loadup at boottime and load interface
3. updates arent daily
4. spysweeper since version 4.5 onwards has caused me alot of bsods
5. scan can get stuck on certain files and lockup. this has happened quite alot to me in the past.
hope that helps
Separate names with a comma.