Sandboxing - what applications, and why?

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by chrome_sturmen, Sep 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Horus37

Horus37 Registered Member

I just tried the DEL C: /F /S /Q from a sandboxed command prompt. Didn't get very far before it said "access denied."

2. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Nice.

After i finish with damage control from a recent virus :oops: , (yes, sometimes i been known to push the wrong button or overlook turning on a shield occasionally), i intend to throw a full compliment of the works on another drive with my current defense shields of Sandboxie + EQSecure + Power Shadow at a couple of FD-ISR snapshots and see how things go.

The Kool combo of Sandboxing + Virtualizing the partition/drive is been a long time coming on this end, and is finally here.

3. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

Thanks! I was just thinking about how this would pan out today. It would be nice to have a confirmation or hear the results of a similar virus executed in Sandboxie. What about running the virus in Sandboxie as a limited user. I'm really curious about this, because I run my internet facing programs as a limited user with dropmyrights and Sandboxie. If I can't get a confirmation, any educated knowledge will be appreciated. I'm looking to eliminate FUD in my setup and in the advice I occasionally give.

Thanks

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

While agreeing it's an old virus, Sandboxie, shutdown Killdisk.

5. LUSHER

LUSHER Registered Member

6. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

Thanks Pete :). I'm really feeling good about using Sandboxie. I finally updated to the newest version this week from version 2.86 and all went well.

Cheers

7. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

When I do use a sandbox program,it's Sandboxie.
    It's easy to use and it's stable.
    I like it better than the few others that I have tried.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.