Sandboxie version 3.34 is released

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by nanana1, Jan 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

yes it is, but if it makes my drweb worthless using, id rather just use Drweb.

decisions decisions...

2. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

IMHO Sandboxie doesn't make Dr Web worthless. As soon as you recover something from the Sandbox, only your AV will be able to protect you. I would say that Sandboxie makes worthless the http scanner (i suppose Dr Web has one). But once you download something that you *think* is safe and take it out of the sandbox, Sandboxie won't protect you. Your AV will.

I think having Dr Web + PrevX Edge + Sandboxie for the browser only and trying exes before running would be very good combination. I think the most overlapping are Dr Web and PrevX. Not Sandboxie with either of them.

3. PiCo

PiCo Registered Member

I use Dr.WEV AV + SandboxIE real time and it's an awesome combo.
    I have excluded the Sandbox folder from Dr.WEB's guard and things are light as feather.

:thumb:

4. Makav3l1

Makav3l1 Registered Member

I've reverted to the previous version until a new one fixes the hanging problem I was having.

5. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

Sorry fce for responding so late. :doubt:

I've been pretty busy, but at the same time i've uninstalled my browsers, Sandboxie and even went back to a previous snapshot.
    None of it solved the problem. :eek:

Today however I once again had to download a file and low and behold it worked. :rolleyes:

Go figure what fixed it.
    So at present I don't have any solution, since I think it's one of those quirks of Windows on my laptop. :D

If I can't find the culprit, then I'm not able to provide the developer with enough information to fix this problem. It could be Sandboxie or it could be any app running on my laptop. Several possibilities, so not easy to point the finger to it. o_O

Anyhow, for me it works again and I do hope it stays this way since I like Sandboxie a lot.

I hope you'll be able to find a cure. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.