Sandboxie v5.33.x issue with Vivaldi browser

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by wissec, Apr 11, 2020.

1. wissec

wissec Registered Member

Hi, i'm on Win10 v1809 fresh install and Vivaldi latest stable release. I'm experiencing the same error code that is explained in this Post But in my case it's just opening the browser when that error is already jumped, it's quite annoying although apparently it doesn't harm or break navigation features.

http://imgbox.com/kQaZnK5G

This error code is persistent in every version of sandboxie I've installed. I hope you can fix it.

Thank you for your fantastic work in continuing to develop this little gem.

2. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

I don't know exactly what that says, since I cannot read spanish, but I run Vivaldi inside SBIE with no issues. It looks to me like there are things that need permission to run along with vivaldi.exe. Part of my config is below.

Code:
    ProcessGroup=<StartRunAccess>,<InternetAccess>,dllhost.exe,RuntimeBroker.exe,rundll32.exe,plugin-container.exe,vivaldi.exe,update_notifier.exe
    Also, do not run it with forced dropped admin rights.
    See if that helps.

3. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

Those are common errors that we get when running Chromium based browsers under Sandboxie. I get them with Edge, you get them with Vivaldi and others get them with Chrome. They really are meaningless and can be ignored or hidden. If they bother you, hide them. :)

Bo

4. bo elam

Agree with that. Personally, I think its better not to enable Drop rights when running Chromium browsers under SBIE.

Bo

5. wissec

wissec Registered Member

Thanks a lot guys, I will follow your recommendations, it is just very annoying to see these windows jumping from time to time. I hope they can be fixed in some upcoming version of sandboxie.

6. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

Don't forget, you can just hide the message so you're not prompted with them. Sometimes there's no real error there that needs to be fixed.

7. wissec

wissec Registered Member

Ok, and how do you proceed to be able to see the messages in a sandbox with the hidden messages again, go the reverse procedure?

8. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Open Sandboxie..Configure (along the top) select 'Forget Hidden Messages'

9. wissec

wissec Registered Member

Thanks stapp!!

10. bo elam

wissec, you can also delete Hidden messages by opening your config file, and editing it manually. You just delete the line that refers to the hidden message.

The problem with deleting messages via Forget Hidden Messages is that it deletes all hidden messages. So, is probably best to do it this way only when you want to delete all hidden messages.

Bo

11. wissec

wissec Registered Member

Good advice, I take note. Grateful Bo!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.