Sandboxie safe to run Active X control?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by tonyseeking, Mar 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. normishmael

normishmael Guest

Yeah,there is that.....
    plus Steve is a shill,for who I am not sure...
    But notice how after the fireworks start,he seems to do the Cherokee
    Fade-Away?

2. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Guys, knock it off. Why should Steve come back if posts like these are going to be here to greet him? Why should Tzuk? It's one thing to say you don't like a particular way a dev does things, but outright insults, eh, well, nevermind, I'm leaning more towards posting less and reading more these days. I've gotten in a few arguments here, no doubt, but it's getting pretty bad these last few months. Oh well, have at it guys.

3. tonyseeking

tonyseeking Former Poster

News Flash :) All humans, every single one, are driven more by emotion, than by logic.

4. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

Luckily, I'm a Vulcan.
    Question asked:
    Answered:
    Time to close this?
    It's going nowhere.
    If anyone wants to post POC or other evidence re current Sandboxie being bypassed (as it has been in the past, and it could well happen again)
    = another thread : logic tells me it will be a popular one :)
    Live long and prosper.

Disclaimer: happy Sandboxie user since 4/2007

Last edited: Mar 5, 2009
  5. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

The reason Steve should come back inspite of the greetings is because he made a flat statement without proof, and the greetings in essense are saying provide the proof. I don't see that happening.

Pete

6. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Hi Pete, I should clarify what I meant about Steve. I meant the "shill" remark and quite a few other insults I keep seeing. It's one thing to doubt his products, or maybe even his knowledge, but the 5th grade stuff isn't needed. I too agree though that if he thinks there are serious holes, he should test them and show the data. That's why I said earlier in the thread that this topic could lead to some interesting, thorough testing, if it didn't turn into a flame fest, which unfortunately it did.

7. arran

arran Registered Member

lol your ignorance never ceases to amaze me. if that were true then this world would be a much more crazy place.

8. SteveTX

SteveTX Registered Member

I said I want to see the software. I would like to study it. The ball is in Ronen's court. Not much more I can do if he wants to withhold information.

9. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

10. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

And we've now circled all the way around again.

If someone does actually find a POC that shows a real bypass, then they can start a new thread about that. All the rest of this is just speculation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.