Sandboxie problem solved: it was LastPass in Chrome

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by justenough, Nov 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justenough

justenough Registered Member

This thread is in case someone else is having a problem with Sandboxie not automatically deleting contents of the sandbox. It took me a few weeks to figure out that the problem was a Chrome extension, and then that it was LastPass's new 3.0 release. After figuring that out, it was easy to find information online about the issue. Reading the latest LP reviews at the Chrome extensions site, people are not happy, it seems to be causing lots of problems. There are a few posts at the Sandboxie forum about the problem I was having.

So for the first time in years I don't have LastPass loaded, and am trying KeePass. The last challenge was figuring out how to export passwords out of LP and into KP. Another frustrating hurdle involving setting up a spreadsheet program, but now it's done and it's great having Sandboxie up and running again.

2. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Huh. Go figure. I'm still trying to find out why Sandboxie doesn't play nice with firefox in Win8.1. Along with that waiting for immediate recovery and being able to print. Shouldn't have jumped into 8.1 so quickly. Oh well.

3. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

You've probably already got this covered, but don't forget to select Two-Channel Auto-Type Obfuscation! It is not on by default when configuring new entries.

KeePass obfuscation.jpg

4. justenough

justenough Registered Member

Thanks, didn't know about that, or much of anything else about KeePass yet.

5. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

Are you getting the occasional BSOD's while using a LUA?

6. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

No, I'm running admin on my computer. My browser freezes when I use firefox. I think it might be related to lastpass. Even though FF version is only at 2.2. I think that might be the problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.