Sandboxie-Plus v1.3.4

Discussion in 'Sandboxie (SBIE Open Source) Plus & Classic' started by DavidXanatos, Sep 19, 2022.

1. DjKilla

DjKilla Registered Member

That happened to me but I was using the official release of Firefox. Delete the Firefox icon on your taskbar (assuming you have a Firefox icon on the taskbar), start Firefox or restart Firefox and it should work. You'll have to pin the Firefox icon to the taskbar again if you want. If that doesn't work, restart your computer and it should work. At least that's what happened to me. Hope this helps!

2. Mattchu

Mattchu Registered Member

Don`t have it pinned to the taskbar, will delete+replace the shortcut and try that though.

The problem seems to be getting worse, especially on Bing whereby I get it with nearly every search...very annoying!

SBIE2203 Failed to communicate with Sandboxie Service: *GUIPROXY_00000001; MsgId: 14 - WerFault.exe [FF000000]

Cheers...

New shortcut didn`t work

3. DavidXanatos

DavidXanatos Developer

this error is missleading its caused by WerFault.exe
    which means that somethign else crashed already.

4. DjKilla

DjKilla Registered Member

When this happened to me, it was when doing a clean install of Sandboxie Plus on Windows 10. The only Sandboxed programs I had were Firefox 64-bit, Thunderbird 64-bit and Microsoft Edge. I only got the WerFault.exe error when starting Firefox. I think this started happening with the last two versions 1.4.0 and 1.4.1. It only happened after a clean install but after rebooting the computer, I never got the error message again.

Mattchu mentioned he just started getting these errors with Sandboxie Classic 5.58.5 which is an older version. The only thing I see that we have in common is it started with one of the latest versions of Firefox. He was using Firefox 106 Beta and I was using the latest stable version of Firefox. I know Firefox lately started fixing and patching a lot lately and the version I'm on is already at 1.05.0.3. That's already 4 versions for just 1.05. Anyway, that's all the info I got. Wish I had more but I hope this little info helps.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2022
  5. smokeyjoe

smokeyjoe Registered Member

I'm also getting this SBIE2203 error -
    SBIE2203 Failed to communicate with Sandboxie Service: *GUIPROXY_00000001; MsgId: 14 - WerFault.exe [FF000000]

I'm on W10 21H2. Has anyone found a fix for it? Didn't happen until I updated to FF 106.

6. deugniet

deugniet Registered Member

Sandboxie Plus v1.5.0 solved this issue.

https://github.com/sandboxie-plus/Sandboxie/releases/tag/v1.5.0

7. smokeyjoe

smokeyjoe Registered Member

I see. Thanks. I'm on SB Classic version 5.59.2, which is the latest version on the sandboxie website. Looks like there is a post on github of someone still getting the error. I'll give the new version a shot.

Edit: Updated to 5.60 and so far so good. No error message when watching youtube, etc. (should have mentioned that's when I get the error - when there is video on screen).

Thanks all and especially @DavidXanatos for the continued support.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2022
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.