Sandboxie-Plus v1.12.7

Discussion in 'Sandboxie (SBIE Open Source) Plus & Classic' started by DavidXanatos, Jan 10, 2024.

1. DavidXanatos

DavidXanatos Developer

This is a maintenance release, it fixes many issues.

Download: https://github.com/sandboxie-plus/Sandboxie/releases/tag/v1.12.7

Fixed
    • Make Duplicate Box Config keep the order of the original box configuration #3523
    • Save options as new defaults disappears from the Summary page #3522
    • fixed Windows Explorer has difficulty navigating when running in a sandbox with data protection enabled on Windows 11 #3517 #3516
    • the default template for privacy boxes now sets NormalFilePath=%ProgramData%\Microsoft\
    • fixed MessageBox with MB_DEFAULT_DESKTOP_ONLY or MB_SERVICE_NOTIFICATION can not display title and text correctly in security hardened box. #3529
    • fixed Can't run npm inside security hardened sandbox on Windows 11 #3505
    • fixed [1.12.6] Symlink and open path issue #3537
    • when a volume without a asociated drive letter is encountered sbie uses \drive{guid} instead of \drive[letter]
    • Note: when the volume later gets a drive letter the data under \drive{guid} will be ignored!
    • fixed right click a sandbox shortcut - click run unsandboxed in order to open the file without sandbox #3528
    • Note: for the fix to take full effect the shell integration need to be re applied
    • fixed Error Status: 0x0000065b (Function Failed During Execution) #3504
    • fixed Privacy Enhanced Sandboxes are fully out of function with SBIE2204 error code #3542
    • fixed OpenFilePath directories are not enumerated within their parent folders #3519

2. plat

plat Registered Member

Thanks alot, it was already available via the UI. Installed in like a second, we'll give it a whirl.

3. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

No issues on Win 10 so far.

4. DavidXanatos

DavidXanatos Developer

So whats the opinion are we ready for 1.13.0 with some larger changes?
    Is 1.12.7 stable enough?

5. indianajonesilm

indianajonesilm Registered Member

1.12.7 seems really stable on my end. Everything is working great. I do have a question about the Sandboxie ram disk feature. Does Sandboxie prevent Windows from copying the contents of the the ram disk to the pagefile.sys?

6. DavidXanatos

DavidXanatos Developer

Not by default, but you can use imdisk to set up a ram drive manually which will prevent this, but them you lose the dynamic memory allocation so the disk even empty will always consume its max size.

An other issue will be that the apps running in the sandbox will have confidential data in ram which may also be paged.
    I would recommend enabling page file encryption to mitigate this issue: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials...-memory-pagefile-encryption-windows-10-a.html

7. soccerfan

soccerfan Registered Member

Is this also recommended if we use an encrypted box?

My Win7x64 machine seems happy so far with v1.12.7.
    Box type combinations work well, but have not tried a REC (RedEncryptedConfidential) box yet :D

Last edited: Jan 17, 2024
  8. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

How do I get email program Betterbird (beta) to run as a Sandboxie template. I use free Sandboxie, but will buy a basic certificate if required.

9. 100

100 Registered Member

10. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

v5.67.6 = 404
    v5.67.7 = Okay
    Code:
    https://github.com/sandboxie-plus/Sandboxie/releases/download/v1.12.7/Sandboxie-Classic-x64-v5.67.6.exe
    https://github.com/sandboxie-plus/Sandboxie/releases/download/v1.12.7/Sandboxie-Classic-x86-v5.67.6.exe

https://github.com/sandboxie-plus/Sandboxie/releases/download/v1.12.7/Sandboxie-Classic-x64-v5.67.7.exe
    https://github.com/sandboxie-plus/Sandboxie/releases/download/v1.12.7/Sandboxie-Classic-x86-v5.67.7.exe

11. DavidXanatos

DavidXanatos Developer

indeed, fixed... sorry about that

12. Rainwalker

Would someone please respond to my post #8.

13. Peter 123

Peter 123 Registered Member

I think you should ask your question in an own thread (as it seems not to be specifically connected with Sandboxie-Plus v1.12.7). Presumably so it would get more attention.

14. Rainwalker

Thanks for responding. I issue has been corrected.

15. Radagast70

Radagast70 Registered Member

I set my sandbox to "Always show" the window border. But when i click to another window, the sandboxed window does not always show the window border - it is only shown, when the window is the active window. In the past, this has functioned without problems.

Sandboxie-Plus version 1.12.7, Windows 7 (64 Bit) OR Windows 10 (64 Bit).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.