Sandboxie-Plus v1.0.12

Discussion in 'Sandboxie (SBIE Open Source) Plus & Classic' started by DavidXanatos, Mar 4, 2022.

1. DavidXanatos

DavidXanatos Developer

This build fixed a lot of various issues.

Download: https://github.com/sandboxie-plus/Sandboxie/releases/tag/1.0.12
    Download: https://github.com/sandboxie-plus/Sandboxie/releases/tag/1.0.13

ChangeLog
    Added
    • added mini dump creation to sandman.exe in case it crashes
    Changed
    • disabled Chrome and Firefox phishing entries in new sandboxes (by isaak654) #1616
    • updated Mozilla paths for the BlockSoftwareUpdaters template (by isaak654) #1623
    • renamed "Pause Forced Programs Rules" command to "Pause Forcing Programs" (Plus only)
    • reworked tray icon generation now using overlays, added busy overlay
    Fixed
    • fixed issue with accessing network drives in privacy mode #1617
    • fixed issue with ping in compartment mode #1608
    • fixed SandMan UI freezing when a lot of processes are created and closed in a box
    • fixed Editing existing 'Run Menu' Command Line entry not being recognized #1648
    • fixed bsod issue in driver (thanks Diversenok)
    • fixed incompatybility with windows 11 insider build 22563.1 #1654

Last edited: Mar 8, 2022
  2. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Installed Plus 1.0.12 over the top of previous build.
    No issues so far.

3. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Installed 5.55.12 over the top of previous Classic build.
    No issues so far.

4. soccerfan

soccerfan Registered Member

Working well in plus v1.0.12 (portable) with "classic" tray icon! Thank you @DavidXanatos :)

5. 100

100 Registered Member

Did you stop reading in the 1.0.11 thread, or why didn't you respond to the Actual Window Manager (v8.14.6.1) template that stopped working?

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/sandboxie-plus-v1-0-11.444070/page-7#post-3069615
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/sandboxie-plus-v1-0-11.444070/page-7#post-3069808
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/sandboxie-plus-v1-0-11.444070/page-8#post-3070021

6. catspyjamas

catspyjamas Registered Member

All running beautifully on my Windows 11 and all Windows 10 machines. Thanks David! Excellent work as always! :)

7. DavidXanatos

DavidXanatos Developer

i did not have time to look into that issue that's all

8. simbun

simbun Registered Member

I've just tried to install Java into a sandbox, and whilst it does eventually install it seems to hang as if waiting for access to something.

In a default sandbox I received the error 'Java install did not complete, Error Code: 1603', so I enabled 'Make applications think they are running elevated' which let it progress further, but to ultimately the same error.

Noting the presence of msiexec.exe in the list of processes I also enabled 'Allow MSIServer to run with a sandboxed system token'.
    At this point it get's to the 95% mark (as the previous install attempt did) but just seems to hang, after a minute of which I see the following message in the trace log repeating - I didn't enable any additional tracing options and I have no idea what it means :)
    msiexec.exe Ipc (D) \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\SBIE_WindowsInstallerInUse​

After over 6 minutes the trace log starts progessing again and I receive 'You have successfully installed Java', but it's followed with the notification:
    msiexec.exe (6916): SBIE2303 Could not hook win32k, wow64win.dll read failed​
    And SandboxieRpcSs.exe, SandboxieDcomLaunch.exe and SandboxieCrypto.exe are left running.

Java appear to work in the sandbox so I'm grateful for that, just wondered if there's anything I should be granting access to.

I did also notice this related post, but it appears to have the same result as my config above.

Thanks for any help.

9. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

You shouldn't expect complex stuff like Java to correctly install inside a sandbox. You should install it outside the sandbox and apps that rely on it should normally be able to function inside a sandbox.

10. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

in the past i was able to install java into a box, reason is that i wont use java because of its repeating security issues (like flash had).

11. simbun

simbun Registered Member

I trust the apps (that I use), it's Java I don't ;-)

Is Java actually complex, or is it just the mess they've made of the installation that makes it complex from a sandboxie perspective i.e. Did it need to be so integrated with Windows just to run a Java application?

Like I said, it's running, it just feels like it was waiting for access to something before it timed out on the install.

12. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

which java build do you refer on? i lost focus on java some years ago.

13. simbun

simbun Registered Member

I was installing v8 Update 3.2.1 from here, although having said that I've just tried the Microsoft OpenJDK and it installed into a new container with default configuration just fine, so I might be testing that out now :)

14. DavidXanatos

DavidXanatos Developer

java as such is quite robust but the windows installer ist junk, wil look into improving the expirience when i have some spare mintes

15. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Well, Java can be trusted obviously, but it's the apps that makes use of it that may get hacked.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.