Sandboxie Plus Secure Delete

Discussion in 'Sandboxie (SBIE Open Source) Plus & Classic' started by EternalAbyss, Aug 12, 2022.

1. EternalAbyss

EternalAbyss Registered Member

What's the correct way to go about setting up Sandboxie Plus to use SDelete to delete a sandbox? I've been using Sandboxie for a while and finally decided to make the switch to Sandboxie Plus. I'm really loving it so far but I can't seem to figure out how to get SDelete to work with it like with the old version. Thank you to anyone that tries to help.

2. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

3. EternalAbyss

Thank you stapp that was helpful. Sounds like the secure delete for the sandbox wasn't doing as much as I once thought. I should be fine without then, at least my sandboxes will delete faster now that I wont be using sdelete. Thanks again for the help.

4. DavidXanatos

DavidXanatos Developer

I'm planning to add support for the imDisk driver to one of the future sandboxie plus builds with it it will be able to create Ram Disks and locate selected boxes to it, this way pulling the plug on the PC will get rid of the data.
    Not sure if imDisk allows to disable paging for the ram disk, if it does not you can always enable page file encryption in windows.

Other users used that delete command option in the past to backup files from boxes before deletion, this can be still done in sbie+ using the triggers

upload_2022-8-13_8-39-28.png

This command is run before the box content is deleted, so at this point all required files can be exported.

5. henryg1

henryg1 Registered Member

I have been using IMDisk to run SB on a ramdrive for many years now without any problems at all. Just have to tell SB where to put its sandboxes - I have it hardwired into sandboxie.ini as FileRootPath=R:\Sandbox\%SANDBOX%.

6. EternalAbyss

Thank you for pointing out where it was located, I can't believe I didn't check the triggers it's so obvious now. I went ahead and tried out the On Box Delete trigger and I've tried multiple different delete commands but SDelete never appears in my process list in task manager like it used to when it was deleting. Am I just inputting the command wrong or is it now hidden under a sandboxie process?

Here's a few examples of what I've tried for the On Box Delete command:
    DeleteCommand="C:\Users\Eternal Abyss\Documents\William's Section\Programs\SDelete\sdelete.exe" -p 3 -s -q "%SANDBOX%"
    DeleteCommand=C:\Users\Eternal Abyss\Documents\William's Section\Programs\SDelete\sdelete.exe -p 3 -s -q "%SANDBOX%"
    "C:\Users\Eternal Abyss\Documents\William's Section\Programs\SDelete\sdelete.exe" -p 3 -s -q "%SANDBOX%"
    C:\Users\Eternal Abyss\Documents\William's Section\Programs\SDelete\sdelete.exe -p 3 -s -q "%SANDBOX%"

I feel like it's gotta be something simple I'm missing but for the life of me I can't figure it out.

7. busy

busy Registered Member

Should be something like this:

From UI:
    Code:
    "C:\Users\Eternal Abyss\Documents\William's Section\Programs\SDelete\sdelete.exe" -p 3 -s -q "X:\Sandbox\%USER%\%SANDBOX%"
    OR

From Edit ini Section:
    Code:
    OnBoxDelete="C:\Users\Eternal Abyss\Documents\William's Section\Programs\SDelete\sdelete.exe" -p 3 -s -q "X:\Sandbox\%USER%\%SANDBOX%"

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.