Sandboxie-Plus Extension Manager or something (upcomming new feature)

Discussion in 'Sandboxie (SBIE Open Source) Plus & Classic' started by DavidXanatos, May 29, 2023.

1. DavidXanatos

DavidXanatos Developer

So The next build of Sandboxie-Plus will contain the ability to record stack traced for each tracelog entry, total data overload.... but I find it mighty useful...
    issue: to provide nice symbols whenever possible it requires dbghelp.dll, dbgcore.dll and symsrv.dll which may not be present on the users system, so without them they only get the return address.

Also the insider build of sandboxe-plus utilizes the ImDisk driver and a new helper process for mounting disks.

And we are already using 7zip for import export in the public build. And for translations so that one is mandatory kind of...

And there there are the 3rd party tools as listed here: https://github.com/sandboxie-plus/Sandboxie#-useful-tools-for-sandboxie

and CheckFile.ps1
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/sandboxie-plus-v1-7-0-v1-7-0c.450127/#post-3129071
    could be provided this way, together with the required sysinternals binary sigcheck64.exe

Last but not least the envisioned scripting engine: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/sandboxie-scripting-engine.451576/ since we need it for the troubleshooting wizard it just expedient to also allow it to be used by users for I don't know what... its a great solution in search for a equally as great problem or problems LOL
    But such Sandboxie-Automation-Scripts could be also distributed using such an Extension Manager

So there is a bunch of extra components which may be useful to some users.
    Hence I was thinking of adding some sort of Plugin, Extension or Script Manager in the global settings, it could download a list of available additional components with descriptions and have the ability to download and install them.

What do you think?

2. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

dbghelp.dll and dbgcore.dll are present in my system32 but not symsrv.dll.

3. DavidXanatos

DavidXanatos Developer

yea I know windows comes with those but then these are usually a bit outdated and symsrv.dll is missing, dbghelp.dll is also used to create crash dumps that's why its there in the first place.

4. DavidXanatos

DavidXanatos Developer

upload_2023-6-25_16-55-22.png

what do you think?
    and its not like its to few entries to start with, although 7z.dll and OpenSSL are kind of mandatory

5. soccerfan

soccerfan Registered Member

I use portable mode (D:\SbiePlus) and 7z.dll and sigcheck.exe are in my SbiePlus directory.
    I see an Install and Remove option in the Addon Manager settings.
    For portable mode, where will an addon/extension be "installed" exactly?

6. DavidXanatos

DavidXanatos Developer

in a sub dir of the path where sandman lives like this:
    ...\path\bla\blup\sandman.exe
    ...\path\bla\blup\PlusData\bin\sigcheck.exe
    ...\path\bla\blup\PlusData\bin\FileChecker.ps1

Attached Files:

7. soccerfan

soccerfan Registered Member

Got it, thanks.

8. DavidXanatos

DavidXanatos Developer

How would you like to be able to access a link to the individual projest and a longer description?
    text field below the list, or reuse the one above the list?
    as a label or ana actual text edit?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.