Sandboxie-Plus 1.7.2

Discussion in 'Sandboxie (SBIE Open Source) Plus & Classic' started by DavidXanatos, Feb 5, 2023.

1. DavidXanatos

DavidXanatos Developer

This build enables shadow stack for the SbieDll.dll improving on security on systems with gen11 Intel and Ryzen 5000 AMD CPUs.
    This build restructures the Box options a bit and adds a hole new page allowing to control the file migration behavior as well as adding a couple SBIE messages to indicate file migration operations which may cause compatibility issues.
    This build also provides a new Box creation wizard and improves on the box picker dialog.
    It is now possible to create a new sandbox from the run sandboxes dialog and if need be set it as temporary, so that it gets removed after the program terminates. The box picker dialog was improved and contains now a search function to be accessed with Ctrl+F.
    The boxes now created use by default the Delete V2 scheme in case you experience any issues with new boxes, this can be changed back in the box options to the old Delete V1, no old boxes will be migrated to Delete V2.
    To improve on security the SandMan UI now indicates which processes have an administrative and which a system token.
    Furthermore with this build it is possible to define file checker triggers to for example invoke a script to run a virus scan on a file before it is allowed to be recovered.

Last but not least this build fixes a lot of issues, please see Changelog for more details.

Its pretty much 1.7.1a with a couple more fixes as its no longer a pre-release it got an own thread :D

Download: https://github.com/sandboxie-plus/Sandboxie/releases/tag/v1.7.2

2. soccerfan

soccerfan Registered Member

Running this "stable" version v1.7.2 in portable mode. Thank you :)

3. DjKilla

DjKilla Registered Member

In Sandboxie settings under Box Structure I have Virtualization scheme set to 1. What does that do? If I change it to 2, what will that do? What is 'Use volume serial numbers for drives, like: \drive\C~1234-ABCD'?

4. DavidXanatos

DavidXanatos Developer

[1.1.0 / 5.56.0] - 2022-05-24

Changed

• reworked the mechanism Sandboxie uses to mark host files as deleted -- under the new behaviour a data file (FilePaths.dat) is created in the box root instead of dummy files -- it can be enabled with UseFileDeleteV2=y and also for the registry with UseRegDeleteV2=y which creates a reg file (RegPaths.dat)
    Fixed
    • fixed folder rename issues (this requires UseFileDeleteV2=y) #71

[0.8.0 / 5.50.0] - 2021-06-13
    Added
    • added "UseVolumeSerialNumbers=y" that allows drive letters to be suffixed with the volume SN in the \drive\ sandbox location -- it helps to avoid files mixed together on multiple pendrives using the same letter -- Note: this option is not compatible with the recovery function of the Classic UI, only SandMan UI is fully compatible

5. henryg1

henryg1 Registered Member

Is an update reminder on the taskbar icon still on your todo list?

6. DavidXanatos

DavidXanatos Developer

ah I forgot that and my todo is so long.... will try to remember for the next release if not remind me again please

7. henryg1

:thumb:

8. DavidXanatos

DavidXanatos Developer

could you pelase sugest an overlay icon to indicate a pending update

EDIT: i added a blinking sunn in the upper left corner of the icon

Last edited: Feb 7, 2023
  9. henryg1

I had no idea, so I asked ChatGPT and got:

"A common symbol used to indicate a program update is available in a tray icon is an upward-pointing arrow superimposed on a circular background. This symbol is widely recognized as representing a "refresh" or "update" action. Another common symbol is a circular arrow, often used to symbolize the downloading or updating of data"

But how about a downward pointing arrow?

or maybe one from
    https://www.flaticon.com/free-icons/update

Otherwise a blinking sun sounds good!

Last edited: Feb 8, 2023
  10. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

11. feerf56

feerf56 Registered Member

12. soccerfan

soccerfan Registered Member

13. feerf56

feerf56 Registered Member

I sent it to him.

14. Mr.X

Mr.X Registered Member

How do I stop it from blinking without installing an update?

15. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Have you asked Sbie to check for updates under Global/Support and Updates?
    If yes perhaps untick it or alter the settings?

16. Mr.X

Mr.X Registered Member

Yes I have asked and used to get updates via this mechanism for the last two months. Now I changed my mind and rather update manually.
    I did untick it but once Sandboxie Manager has knowledge there's a new update available it doesn't quit blinking its tray icon.

17. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Do you have notify selected ?

18. Mr.X

Mr.X Registered Member

Yes but as you can see, Notify setting gets greyed out as soon as I untick the box which means Notifications are disabled too, I asume.

s.png

Seems that when sbie is aware of an update and start blinking, it gets stubborn and wants you to apply it wanting or not :argh:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.