Sandboxie Plus 1.0.7

Discussion in 'Sandboxie (SBIE Open Source) Plus & Classic' started by DavidXanatos, Jan 6, 2022.

1. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

yes.
    but chrome itself is NOT portable, you will lose passwords and extensions on another system. portables also wont raise security, in fact they lower your security - even in sandboxie - because they work apart windows security. chrome and your profile are highly vulnerable to attacks from host.

2. camelia

camelia Registered Member

I do not remember what I did exactly

I think I Overwrite (Updgrade) from SBIE 5.33.6 AND I did not keep the .ini file
    I do not remember if I reboot :'(:'(:'(

Then I install SBIE Classic 55.55.7 and nothing works

I have EIS 15.0.23.0 (Latest version) I do not use Windows Defender

I try to uninstall and reboot SBIE 5.33.6 AND FF does not open or crash

Please help

Thanks
    Camelia

3. camelia

camelia Registered Member

SBIE 5.44.6 is crashing with FF after trying to install SBIE Classic 55.55.7

I have uninstall SBIE Classic 55.55.7 and uninstall again SBIE 5.44.6

Please help

Camelia

4. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Last edited: Jan 18, 2022
  5. FredB

FredB Registered Member

Hi and thanks for the response
    I've tried tried those changes to sandbox settings but still no joy.
    Browsing the sandbox contents while using chrome doesn't show those files used in that location.. if that makes sense.
    Only thing similar is in "drive\C:\PortableApps\GoogleChromePortable\Data\profile\Default\Bookmarks" and "drive\C:\PortableApps\GoogleChromePortable\Data\profile\Default\Favicons"
    But using those in OpenFilePath doesn't work either?
    Here's my ini section maybe some other setting is affecting ability to persist changes outside boxo_O

Enabled=y
    ConfigLevel=9
    AutoRecover=y
    RecoverFolder=%{374DE290-123F-4565-9164-39C4925E467B}%
    RecoverFolder=%Personal%
    RecoverFolder=%Desktop%
    BorderColor=#00ffff,ttl,6
    Template=OpenBluetooth
    Template=SkipHook
    Template=FileCopy
    Template=qWave
    Template=BlockPorts
    Template=LingerPrograms
    Template=AutoRecoverIgnore
    BoxNameTitle=n
    AllowSpoolerPrintToFile=y
    CopyLimitKb=81920
    OpenPrintSpooler=y
    ClosedFilePath=<BlockNetDevices>,InternetAccessDevices
    AutoDelete=y
    ProcessGroup=<StartRunAccess>,splwow64.exe,chrome.exe
    ForceProcess=chrome.exe
    ClosedIpcPath=!<StartRunAccess>,*
    OpenFilePath=chrome.exe,C:\PortableApps\GoogleChromePortable\Data\profile\Default\Favicons*
    OpenFilePath=chrome.exe,C:\PortableApps\GoogleChromePortable\Data\profile\Default\Bookmarks*

Any ideaso_O appreciated.
    Thanks.

6. DavidXanatos

DavidXanatos Developer

There were many issues fixed with 1.0.8 please try it if you experience issues with 1.0.7 or 1.0.6 that were not present in the 0.9.x line of builds

7. APMichael

APMichael Registered Member

8. jpcummins

jpcummins Registered Member

I was having a problem with Sandboxie Classic, 64-bit. I don't remember exactly what it was but instead of trying to solve the problem I stupidly uninstalled the program using HiBit Uninstaller. Regardless, I have installed Sandboxie Classic 64-bit, version 5.55.8 and I am having difficulty with it loading the browser home page. When I access Sandboxie it appears as though it is going to load the browser but the home page fails to load. If I put my cursor in the box where the home page should appear I can see the yellow border indicating the page as sandboxed. Any suggestions or recommendations? As always I appreciate all replies and would thank you in advance.

John

9. FredB

FredB Registered Member

Hi
    Yes just tried forcing the GoogleChromePortable.exe instead of chrome.exe and it is now deleting and updating the Favicons file but not the Bookmarks file?
    Tried updating to 1.0.8 but still same.
    Assume it to be either a chrome issue or the portable conversion issue. Will wait for next release to see if it fixes it. Just a little inconvenient to open unsandboxed to manage bookmarks.
    Thanks for help.

10. DjKilla

DjKilla Registered Member

Does the home page load when your browser is not sandboxed? Have you tried hitting CTRL+F5 keys to force the page to reload from scratch to see if that works? Did you try clearing your history and cache? Could be the integrity of the operating system files causing some strangeness. I usually open an administrator cmd prompt. Then I get a clean image of the system files by entering DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth then fix any file integrity issues by entering SFC /Scannow followed by ipconfig /flushdns to clear out any dns cache that might cause any connection issues accessing a web site. Don't know if this will help you but I do the above at least once a week to keep everything running smoothly.

11. jpcummins

Tried CTRL+F5 keys to no avail. I cleaned history, cache, and cookies using BleachBit, no difference. When I access Firefox normally it works fine. The difference is, normally it says New Tab then will change to Yahoo, then the home page opens. Sandboxed it never changes to Yahoo it just continues to try to load. I wonder if I again deleted Sandboxie Classic and tried installing Sandboxie Plus if it would make any difference. Regardless, I know I am unable to resolve the program and unless one of our members can help me I am lost. Thanks for replying.

12. DjKilla

Just to narrow down the issue, try sandboxing the browser with NO settings set in Sandboxie. So basicly use the default Sandboxie settings as if you just installed it. This way we can see if it's maybe a setting you might have set that's causing the issue. If it's still not loading the page, try disabling (not uninstalling) each extension/addon then restart the browser to see if maybe one of the extension/addon might be causing the issue. Also make sure you delete all contents in Sandboxie each time you try something different so there's no cached/sandboxed files interfering with the results. You can do this by doing the following:

delete.jpg

13. jpcummins

I give up, I have tried everything I know to do and also what you have suggested and nothing seems to help. I use Sandboxie whenever I am looking for something specific and plan on visiting different websites that I am unfamiliar with. I will just have to be more careful from now on. I had hoped for a magical answer but apparently, there is none. One last question though, does anyone know if I again delete Sandboxie Classic completely and then install Sandboxie Plus whether or not it might work? DjKilla, thanks so much for trying to help me.

14. DjKilla

It's always worth a try to see if it will make a difference going from classic to plus. It's kinda strange that loading a web page works unsandboxed but not when it's sandboxed. Have you installed any toolbar extensions? I'm wondering if maybe your browser was hijacked by an unwanted program. Some ideas I have is try running an antivirus scan. Malwarebytes is good at finding any malware that might be hiding in your system. If you have a backup of your bookmarks and browser profile, you might want to try a clean install of your browser. Which browser are you using? Could be a compatibility issue with Sandboxie but I get the feeling there's something that got into your computer that's interfering with your browser loading pages correctly.when sandboxed.

15. jpcummins

I do intend to install Sandboxie Plus, but I won't do that until later. I ran ESET Internet Security (real-time), Malwarebytes Premium (on-demand), and Dr. Web Cureit (On-line), as well as Emsisoft Emergency Kit, and Hitman Pro, both are (on-demand) and they found nothing. I suspect that it is an add-on that I have added and since deleted. I am not having any other problems with my computer so, to be honest, I just don't know. I have enjoyed reading your replies and certainly appreciate you trying to help me. Take Care...

16. APMichael

APMichael Registered Member

I saw that you are using "ESET" as your anti-virus software. This is probably responsible for the problem. Please read this post:

https://github.com/sandboxie-plus/Sandboxie/issues/1545#issuecomment-1019023949

17. deugniet

deugniet Registered Member

You did not mention your browser. You get a white screen when opening your browser sandboxed? If so turn the hardware acceleration off and try again sandboxed.

18. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

And you wonder about problems using a browser in sandboxie? Eset, MBAM, and maybe HMP, are injecting files into browsers. (dll injection)
    and it does not matter if regular installed or portable.

btw firefox is running fine with my profile in sandboxie.

19. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

Same here. @jpcummins, you are using way too many security products that add way too many variables to be of any value. Simple is often more effective. Ditch the anti-malware scanners, since they often cannot keep up with zero-day threats anyway.

20. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

are you saying that running a portable application for an on-demand scan will make changes to your set up / browsers that will remain after you have removed the usb stick? I had assumed that the advantage of running such a scan from
    a stick was that nothing needed to be installed and would be left behind.

21. jpcummins

Thanks for your reply. My browser is Firefox, sorry I didn't say that straight up. I turned off the hardware acceleration but haven't reinstalled Sandboxie yet. Haven't been feeling very well, I had a bad fall.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.