Sandboxie-Plus 1.0.17

Discussion in 'Sandboxie (SBIE Open Source) Plus & Classic' started by DavidXanatos, Apr 2, 2022.

1. DavidXanatos

DavidXanatos Developer

No it means with an over-the-top install it will stay off, despite the intention for it is to be now on for all users.
    To fix that I could have had changed the setting name, but I though its ok as is and people should enable it by hand, if they have an old install.

EDIT: the thing about this feature is that its quite usefull but the old sbie did not use it instead doing own per sys call filtering, with this object callback feature the filtering is more thorough, meaning if a relevant sys call is missed like the GetNextThread from the recent security fix, it will be inconsequential. Remember the workaround for that was to enable this filter.

2. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Plus working now. Thanks.

Any ideas on the dmp file?

3. henryg1

henryg1 Registered Member

It became a constant nag, so I uninstalled SB+ (keeping settings) and reinstalled as administrator, and so far the problem seems to have resoloved.

[EDIT] I spoke to soon! Now reverted to .15 and all seems ok again

Last edited: Apr 2, 2022
  4. DavidXanatos

DavidXanatos Developer

Yea i think i know how it happened but I'm not sure why there should be no empty log lines, but somehow there sneaked one in, will be fixed in the next build.

5. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

firefox 98.0.2 running fine here, also v100-nightly. must be something special on your system or sb config.

6. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

@DavidXanatos
    Regarding the new ''To facilitate compatibility this build introduces a IPC options, with ReadIpcPath=$:program.exe '' I feel this will be really difficult for most people to work out how to do this. ( I count myself as one of those people :))

Please think of someway to make this easy to do to an existing install so that users do not give up or feel too shy to ask on forum.

7. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

btw i still consider this as a translation error. i have noticed it versions before and wrote about.

Attached Files:

8. Asterixpl

Asterixpl Registered Member

I have installed the classic KeePass + Sandboxie Classic 5.55.16 and everything is fine. Auto-Type in KeePass works fine.

9. busy

busy Registered Member

Enabling the trace logging before starting sandboxed app causes sandman.exe to crash.

10. plat

plat Registered Member

Confirmed on here, Sandman crashes when trace logging enabled--prior to launching Firefox.

Plus 1.0.16

Edit: here is snip of message. Is the dump needed also?

sbiecrash.PNG

11. Asterixpl

Asterixpl Registered Member

Sandboxie Classic v.5.55.16 64Bit - It works very well

12. DavidXanatos

DavidXanatos Developer

I will add a checkbox soemware: "Allow sandboxed programs to read memory of unsandboxed once (not recommended)" or alike to add and remove this preset but i really ting this should not be on by default.
    even if this now breaks some usecases, its simply ridiculously negligent to allow sandboxed programs to read the memory of unsandboxed once, like a exploiter chrome reading all the memory of your keepass.
    I'm really puzzled why the original sbie devs allowed for that.

13. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Thanks David, on behalf of myself and other users.

14. algol1

algol1 Registered Member

With current Chrome_v.100.0.4896.60 (Official Build) (64-bit) and new Sbie-Plus_v.1.0.16 I get numerous pop-up-error-notifications soon after start - although the browser itself seems to work fine in spite of those. sandboxie4.jpg

Latest Opera on the other hand does not show these messages and so far seems to run without issues.

15. DavidXanatos

DavidXanatos Developer

oh yes googles software spy trying to spy on your software and sandboxie preventing that good error messages :D

16. DavidXanatos

DavidXanatos Developer

given that I expect there may be more of them but that despite fo them most things shoudl work fine...
    should I set in in the UI such that this messages wil only be logged to the log but never cause a pop up?

17. DavidXanatos

DavidXanatos Developer

I mean the right fix would be to set googles software spy to not be allowed to start in the box, or enable the BlockTelemetry template it blocks such tools

18. algol1

algol1 Registered Member

Nice. Any remedy to make those (benevolent) error-messages go away then? I can't dismiss them that quickly and in such great number?

19. DavidXanatos

DavidXanatos Developer

you can use the option to hide them forever dosn't that work?

20. algol1

algol1 Registered Member

Perhaps as a checkbox-option in the Chrome-template to be ON by default?

21. algol1

algol1 Registered Member

What exactly do you mean by that? I've clicked on "Dismiss" in the pop-up window for about a dozen+ times - but that window is still full of them. So I assumed the "Dismiss"-button would only kill them temporarily.

22. algol1

algol1 Registered Member

Update: Neither the "Hide all such messages"-button in the pop-up-window NOR enabling the "telemetry"-template did the trick. The pop-up-window is still flooded with error-messages on each Chrome-launch.

23. algol1

algol1 Registered Member

Next update: Perhaps I haven't been patient enough. After having clicked that "Hide all such messages"-button for a dozen or so times it now seems those error-messages may have gone for good. Looks now as if those may have been different specific errors which had to be dismissed individually - although appearing under the same general error-number.

Interesting observation: Now the Chrome-tray-icon will display an overlaid green progress-bar "scanning" for 4 times over the icon shortly after each launch of Chrome. But so far it seems the browser works normally after that and the pop-up-errors have stopped, too, after dismissing them all.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2022
  24. DavidXanatos

DavidXanatos Developer

New build, it hides all process access messges thay are only shown in the UI log in the plus UI, the crash is fixed and the logging improved the errors now tell you what exact process was accessed

Download: https://github.com/sandboxie-plus/Sandboxie/releases/tag/1.0.17

Added
    • added checkbox to easeli allow read access to memory of unsandboxed processes (old sbie behavioure, not recommended)
    Changed
    • improved OpenProcess/OpenThread logging
    Fixed
    • Fixed crash issue with the new monitor mode
    • Fixed issue with resource access entry parsing

25. DavidXanatos

DavidXanatos Developer

and here the old behavior can be enabled
    upload_2022-4-2_19-38-11.png

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.