Sandboxie Plus 0.9.8d

Discussion in 'Sandboxie (SBIE Open Source) Plus & Classic' started by DavidXanatos, Nov 1, 2021.

1. henryg1

henryg1 Registered Member

Win11 :gack: Tried it - imaged back to Win10 :thumb:

2. DavidXanatos

DavidXanatos Developer

Well for me its a very mixed bag, I like the more colorful icons and bright UI, but the taskbar and Startmenu are basically useless, crippled beyond any recognition.
    And the attempted enforcement SecureBoot + TPM is basically a open attack on the sovereignty of any PC user worldwide. Its bad enough that when buying a Smart phone one has to discard 90% of the market because of locked boot loaders and other despicable practices, but if that finds its way int PC's that will be a huge tragedy!

3. paulderdash

paulderdash Registered Member

:thumb:

4. zmechys

zmechys Registered Member

I've just recently posted a "complaint" about Brave's issue, but...
    It was Sandboxie's issue, not Brave's.
    Sorry, Brave.

Here is my problem.

When I use Brave without Sandboxie - current version 5.33.3, I have a nicely-working spellcheck.
    When I use Sandboxed Brave, my spellcheck is absent, gone.

Could anyone help me, please?

Thank you in advance.

5. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

OK thanks for letting me know, so it's caused by Qt and there is no easy fix? What a major bummer, like I said, the dotted lines are completely pointless and very ugly looking in my view, you also don't have them on macOS for example. If something is selected it should simply show the dark blue colour. So it's back to Sandboxie Classic for me.

6. henryg1

henryg1 Registered Member

Yes, GUI looks nice, but that's about it. As you say, crippled for any (semi) power user; and it seems big, bad, M$ is back with browser link restrictions etc. Apple wannabe's!

7. Mr.X

Mr.X Registered Member

More soon the later @DavidXanatos is going to drop its development and focus on Sbie +

8. Moose World

Moose World Registered Member

Salutations/Greetings,

Running Sandboxie Plus is working perfect with LibreWolf Browser without extensions.
    Extensions just seem to could problems with various browsers.....

Last edited: Nov 16, 2021
  9. Peter 123

Peter 123 Registered Member

I would like to report a (small) issue I have with Sandboxie Plus (v 0.9.8.d):

In my DefaultSandbox I use my standard browser (Firefox).

Whenever after the first booting of my computer (the first start of Windows) I open my browser (sandboxed), for a short time (about 10 seconds) appears an empty window of Sandboxie with the words "NOT connected" on its top. At the same time within the Sandboxie icon in the tray (I use the classical pizza icon) is a red "X":

SBfirst-1.jpg

After this delay automatically all works as it should: The browser opens normally, in the Sandboxie window appear the usual informations (name of the sandboxes, processes etc.) and in the tray icon the usual red dots can be seen.

A little annoying is the fact that the Sandboxie window remains opened and I have to close (minimize) it manually.

- All this does not happen again after closing and restarting the sandboxed browser within the same session of Windows.

- The same occurs (but again only after the first booting of the computer) when opening my second browser (Chrome) in another sandbox (where it is a forced program). So the issue is not connected with a specific sandbox or a specific browser.

Thank you.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2021
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.