SandboxIE (Paid) vs Defensewall

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by TVH, Feb 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

Is there any special with ProcessGroup,can u explain,as far i know it was always possible to run several programs at the same time in a box.

2. MikeNAS

MikeNAS Registered Member

Yes there is lots of speciality. Without this you can set that only one specify program can connect to internet or run. With ProcessGroup you can set that many specify programs can connect to internet or run. Other blocked.

3. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

I have a Sandbox specific for Online Banking,only my browser allowed to connect,further i can't think of any other program on my rig that need that exception.

BTW some malware if at all on your system will phone home with their own dedicated server,they need no connection through the browser.

But you may correct me if i don't get the concept of ProcessGroup.

Sandboxie is insofar usefull if you start with a clean system and keep it that way so a layered protection will your second defence.

4. MikeNAS

MikeNAS Registered Member

With new version I can type this:

[GlobalSettings]

ProcessGroup=<InternetPrograms>,k-meleon.exe,sandboxiedcomlaunch.exe,sandboxierpcss.exe,start.exe

[DefaultBox]

ClosedIpcPath=!<InternetPrograms>,*

So now only those listed processes can run. With older version I can only allow one so there is some problems because needed sandboxie components can run.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.