Sandboxie Issue with creating folder shortcut

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Function, Jul 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Function

Function Registered Member

So I was able to do this before. I ended up deleted the folder because I was clearing out my desktop.

Afterwards I figured it would be good to have a place where the folders can be so I can use my anti virus scanners on the folders to scan the file before moving them out of the sandbox folders.

This is what is currently showing

http://i.imgur.com/LWjoX.png
    Edit better image: http://i.imgur.com/oFOxo.png
    You can see that I cannot select the option to make a shortcut.

I am unable to create a shortcut for any of my sandboxes. I have about 10. None of them work, even with nothing running in sandboxie. My sandboxie is also paid for and activated so I am unsure of what the problem is. I tried creating new clean sandbox and the same problem occurs.

What can I do resolve this issue?

2. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

Function, I don't know if it was possible before or not to create shortcuts the way you want to do it but the option is shaded in my computer, I guess that's what you are seeing. Anyway, you can create shortcuts to programs or folders by navigating to:

SBIE Control>Configure>Windows shell integration>Add shortcut icons

choose the sandbox that you want to use, afterward choose "All files and folders" to create a shortcut for a folder.

Bo

3. Function

Function Registered Member

That works but when I do a virus scan or scan with Malware Bytes its only scanner the folder, not the contents. It just comes up with 1 folder/file found.

Whats the best way to go about scanner a sandbox folder? Malware Bytes and Hitman Pro cannot scan without admin rights and I do not want to allow admin access on any of my scanboxes.

Is there a easy way to about this?

4. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

I think the easy way to have new files scanned is to set your real time antivirus to scan files as they get downloaded. I am not using an AV now but when I did, I never scanned my download folder or the files in it unless it was a installer that I was going to use but then as now I open every file in a sandbox.

You have the paid version, set your download folder as forced. Doing that and having your real time AV scan files as they are downloaded is enough, IMO.

Bo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.