Sandboxie is Weird After Trojans

Discussion in 'Sandboxie (SBIE Open Source) Plus & Classic' started by Capricornia, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Peter 123

Peter 123 Registered Member

To encourage you, Capricornia ;) : That's my impression too, from what you write and show us on your pictures.

I think you have too much AV software on your computer. One of them would be completely sufficient.

Here I would not agree. Maybe that Sandboxie was never a product for the average user (at least this has been claimed often already in the past). But the latest problems (with these false positives etc.) are not connected with the nature and functioning of Sandboxie itself (which remained the same all over the years, I would say). They have "only" to do with the question of signed or not signed drivers or exes or whatever.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
  2. Capricornia

Capricornia Registered Member

1. I've had this software for a long time and mine is called Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO. And yes, it's running in real time.
    2. I have never registered Malwarebytes Pro with Windows Security Center, and unfortunately, I do not know how to do that and I am getting tired from searching the web on how to do that. Therefore, could you give me a tip on how to do so?
    3. No, I do not have mutual exclusions setup for Malwarebytes Pro and Microsoft Defender and I'm also no sure as to how to do that.
    4. No, SAS does not run real time.
    5. Yes, I can get Malwarebytes Forum to check my machine for malware.
    6. I don't understand your question. However, the first answer that came to mind was because I have the scanner installed and I always do multiple scans with various anti-malware programs.
    7. How do you know that ESET ripped out my Sandboxie install?
    8. I think that I've cleaned install Sandboxie-Plus three times already.

P.S. SOME GOOD NEWS IS THAT AS OF TODAY, SANDBOXIE HAS BEEN RUNNING CHROME FOR ABOUT THE LAST TWO HOURS. BUT THE BAD NEWS IS THAT I ALSO HAD THE EDGE BROWSER SANDBOXED, BUT AFTER ABOUT AN HOUR, IT CRASHED FROM MY MACHNIE.

3. Capricornia

Hmmm. So can you tell me what the security issues were with version 5.33.6?

4. Capricornia

I only have two real-time anti-malware programs: Malwarebytes PRO and Windows Defender. The rest are only on-demand scanners.

5. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

Yep....long time.
    < off topic >
    With the launch of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0, the PRO version was renamed to Premium and the company moved to a subscription licensing model.
    https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/677793/i-still-have-malwarebytes-anti-malware-pro-is-it-any-good/
    png_8732.png
    You've scoured File Explorer and Registry?
    You need Malwarebytes Premium v4. When you comment "I have a full version of Malewarybytes"#21. I'd have no way of knowing you run Malwarebytes PRO and did not upgrade PRO to Premium v3 & v4.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
  6. Capricornia

Aw, man. And they never told me. :doubt:
    Sorry, but I'm an amateur with much of this unlike some of you at this forum. Therefore, I am not sure what you mean.

Okay. But it sounds like Malwarebytes left me out to hang. :thumbd:

7. Capricornia

Also, I forgot to mention that my Sandboxie is now functioning with both Chrome and Edge, but it crashed when I tried to sandbox the Firefox browser.(Although I really don't use Firefox that often.) As a matter of fact, I'm currently using the Edge browser with Sandboxie... Therefore, is it fixed or is a hacker playing games with me? o_O

8. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

from what I can see - from your posted pic (resized)
    Target is SbieDrv (Sandboxie Driver)
    Action is "cleaned by deleting"
    ESET from what I can see deemed SbieDrv as Win32/RiskWare and resolved by deleting SbieDrv.
    png_8768.png

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.