Sandboxie and Spyshelter Firewall

Discussion in 'Sandboxie (SBIE Open Source) Plus & Classic' started by n8chavez, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

shadow defender protects against nothing - it only reset* its secured areas. the attack has already been succeeded.

Edit
    * It clean up the virtual memory vom session

Last edited: May 15, 2021
  2. Quassar

Quassar Registered Member

Exacly its kinda like restore backup every boot.
    SD protect you by permanent modification but not secue your date during current sesion...

That why i use Sandboxie or VMware for isolate soft/data during current sesion peoples calling/saying me no need Sandboxie when i have Shadow Defender only prove me they dont have clue how it's work.
    So if you use SD you can drop AV bc scanning system 1 on week its a lot time when your system can be robed.. so bettter is SD than AV.

But yea Shadow Defender its not software which is on 1st layer security
    1st layer is Protection and Restriction and here comes HIPS/SRP/Hardering/Firewall
    2nd its Isolation if somehow bypass your security you can limit access infection to specific zone to make unable to steal your data.
    3rd AV never find all viruses and your system can be infected even whole half year before some technic IT will find virus and write clean tool for virus ad to database in av vendor . and here comes Shadow DEfender which back your system to virgin status every boot to make sure your workstation its clean.

And if virus screw all your layer 1 & 2 better have infection in one sesion instead of all bc can steal more data than normaly...

3. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

I'm just saying that the main purpose of SpyShelter isn't to protect against ransomware. It's of course possible that it might interfere with ransomware, and that it will block access to protected folders. But it doesn't actually try to stop the file system activity, there are better solutions for that like AppCheck and HMPA.

4. Rasheed187

BTW, I'm afraid I have found a problem with keystroke encryption when SS is combined with Sandboxie on my Win 8.1 system, I still need to test it on Win 10. I feel a bit dumb because I wonder how I didn't notice this problem sooner. Seems like SS can't scramble keystrokes from Vivaldi when it's runnning sandboxed, I still need to test other browsers. I also believe that in the past this did seem to work. You can test it with this tool:

https://www.snapfiles.com/get/stt.html

5. Rasheed187

Well, seems like GhostPress and KeyScrambler also can't block keylogging when browsers run sandboxed! So for now I have dropped Sandboxie as a realtime protection tool for browsers, of course I still use it on demand for app virtualization. BTW, KeyScrambler worked just fine on my Win 10 1909 machine, of course I did disable keystroke encyption in SS to avoid any conflicts.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.