Sandboxie Acquired by Invincea

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by ad18, Dec 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

Craig, I done a lot of stuff with both my computers after installing this beta, No goofs:cool:. This version has my Zeal of approval...for XP and W7 32 bits.:)

Bo

2. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Same over here, but I do believe that some apps like SBIE are worth a yearly fee. But luckily, Invincea is already quite successful in the corporate market. And yes, a yearly fee might also make SBIE less attractive to the mass market.

I find Libre to be a bit slow to start up, do you have the same? I don't know if it's because it is running sandboxed, or because it's a bit loggy. I'm seriously thinking about trying WPS Office again.

3. bo elam

Yes, Libre is a little bit slow to start up, its not Sandboxie. In my opinion, running sandboxed doesn't add any lag to opening office files with Libre. Despite the slow starts, I think Libre is an excellent program to run under Sandboxie. There is no conflict or problem and both programs get along very well.

Bo

4. Ya, I noticed this when I was testing Libre 5.0. Even on the host I thought it seemed a tad laggy. More so than I had remembered when using it in the past (long before SBIE). But yes, it works very well with SBIE. As does OpenOffice.

5. bo elam

The good thing about running Libre under Sandboxie is that even though it mnight be a little slow for the document to pop up open, creating the document or making changes to an existing document, feels perfectly fine. There is no lag using Libre once the document is open. That and having no need to add any software compatibility setting makes Libre an excellent choice to use with SBIE.

Bo

6. What? No Click To Run? :)

7. bo elam

Craig, whatever I do related to Office files, is always done sandboxed. Even when I create a file, I do it sandboxed. I know thats a little over but I think its a good idea because some programs, including Libre, attemp to connect to the internet. By using Sandboxie Internet restrictions, I keep Libre from having access to the net. In fact, the only time Libre connects to the net in my W7 is when I upgrade the program itself. I am glad Libre doesn't have anything like Click to run.:)

Bo

8. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

OK thanks, but to me the slow start up is unacceptable. The thing is, it's slow with every single document. I've just installed the new WPS Office 2016 beta, and it's way faster. I will test it a bit more, but it seems to work correctly when running sandboxed.

9. Ya, the whole "click to run" process is actually a lot more that just going out and pinging the net. MS actually does some very oddball stuff within Windows. So a lot of internal SBIE & Windows functions items have to be paused/etc to allow Office Click to Run (to install correctly) and thus, to work. It works on the Invincea platform, it needs to be ported over to SBIE and some changes made. Do-able, but not as simple as first thought.

As for general updates...I agree. Only upgrade when you really have too.

10. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

FF44 > Notifications > Do not disturb me ....check is not showing sandbox'd....
    anyone else ..?
    Edit: check does not survive FF restart regardless... so, not related to Sandboxie.
    maybe new gimmick needs websites for check to survive FF restart...

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  11. PaulBB

PaulBB Registered Member

Hello, is there a setting in Sandboxie to get rid of the # hashtag when trying new softwares?

2016-01-26_233146.png

12. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

Enable option Don't show Sandboxie indicator in the windows title.

upload_2016-1-26_22-37-1.png

13. PaulBB

PaulBB Registered Member

14. bo elam

The check is designed to last until restarting the browser, under "Do not disturb me"...it says, "No notification will be shown until you restart Firefox".

Bo

15. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

You're welcome :)

16. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

...Funny, I thought check meant "Do not disturb me" and "No notifications will be shown until restart".
    ...designed to last until restart....hmm...?
    ...Um, this will be first check I'm aware not to survive restart.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
  17. bo elam

18. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

19. bo elam

My joy, bjm.:)

Bo

20. HAN

HAN Registered Member

Anyone else seeing 32-bit Firefox 44.0 crash when closing while running SBIE 5.07.5? FF 43.04 was fine. werfault.exe is trying to run but SBIE is preventing it from running (firefox.exe is the only allowed exe.) FF 44.0 is having other issues (can't use drag and drop for KeePass 1.x.)

21. HAN

HAN Registered Member

Here's what I'm seeing...

Attached Files:

22. Moose World

Moose World Registered Member

At this point in time, what browsers work best with Sandboxie?
    On Windows 10?

23. bo elam

Han, both of my computers are 32 bits, Firefox closes just fine for me.

But I have an idea of something you might want to try. In my W7 I don't keep Flash as an installed program but sometime back, I remember that if I had flash as an installed program, if I did not allow flash and plugin container to run and connect to the internet in Sandbox settings, when I closed Firefox, I would get a Sandboxie message similar to the one you are getting that mentions werfault.exe. I think its the same message but I am not sure.

Last night I installed flash to test and see if I could reproduce what I am saying and what you are reporting but couldnt. At the time when I got the message, the solution was to allow plugin container and flash to run and connect. You might want to try doing that to see if it gets rid of the message for you. About the non SBIE message you are getting, I dont remember ever seeing that one.

Bo

24. bo elam

Hello Moose, I think all major browsers are working fine sandboxed on Windows 10. The only exception is Edge which is not supported by Sandboxie at this time. For your browsers to work great under SBIE, I recommend you install as few addons as possible. Addons and other security programs are usually the cause for browsers and other programs to malfunction under SBIE. So, limit the amount of security programs and addons and your browsers are going to run great sandboxed. Thats the key.

Bo

25. meatouph

meatouph Guest

Firefox seems to work ok except IDM single download link not being intercepted correctly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.