Sandboxie Acquired by Invincea

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by ad18, Dec 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.X

Mr.X Registered Member

Known issue. Afaik there's no solution so far. You have to open Excel first then browse for your file and open.

2. meatouph

meatouph Guest

How to make IDM work in SBIE again?

3. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

Beta 5.07.3 has been released. Here are the fixes.
    http://forums.sandboxie.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=22151

This is a nice version for me. I am one user whom after installing Beta 5.07.2, experienced (in W7 32 bits), (SandboxieRpcSs.exe and SandboxieDcomLaunch.exe) Sandboxie processes lingering after closing Firefox. This version fixes that issue. :thumb:

Bo

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
  4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Looks good here also

5. wolfrun

wolfrun Registered Member

Ditto here also. Working well.

6. bo elam

If you installed beta 5.07.3 and you are in 32 bits Windows, if you are seeing an Event error 512 CAPI2 get logged to the Event log when you run Internet Explorer or Chrome in the sandbox, this error is getting fixed with the next beta.

Bo

7. bo elam

Beta 5.07.4 is out, it fixes the CAPI2 error logged to the Events log.:)
    http://forums.sandboxie.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=22151#p116055

Bo

8. Peter2150

Thankx Bo

9. bo elam

This version feels solid, Pete. As I understand it, there has been a lot of changes implemented in SBIE under the hood after 5.07.1. So, for me, in W7 32 bits, this version is a nice step. I ll install 5.07.4 later in my XP, I expect all to work as well in that PC. :cool:

Bo

10. zmechys

zmechys Registered Member

P.S. I don't know why but this morning my Firefox (updated) with Sandboxie (the newest version) crashed three times.
    After the first crash, Firefox decided to update NoScript. I think the second and the third crashes (within a few minutes) were somehow related to Youtube videos.
    Anyway, with Windows 10 my sandboxed Firefox is very slow, always tends to "hang" and crash.
    I don't blame anybody, just commenting.

11. bo elam

I think with Sandboxie is best not to set addons to update automatically. NoScript works great with the sandboxed Firefox, I doubt that's the cause of the crashes. For the YouTube crashes, you can disable Flash Protected mode to see if it makes a difference. You can disable PM in Firefox Tools>Addons>Plugins, Click Options in Shockwave Flash, untick Enable Adobe Flash protected mode. Many Flash issues get solved that way.

Bo

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  12. syrinx

syrinx Registered Member

So once again the forums seem to be down. How am I supposed to spam them if they aren't up?! http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com claims it's down as well but I would prefer a human confirmation. Are the forums down or did they finally ban me?

13. Mr.X

Mr.X Registered Member

They finally did... :argh:
    No they are down for now...

14. syrinx

syrinx Registered Member

Thanks! ;)

15. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

..and still down for me.

16. ArchiveX

ArchiveX Registered Member

Me, too. ;)

17. bo elam

The SBIE forum is fine now.:)

Bo

18. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

19. bo elam

Thats a really nice deal. I strongly recommend to people who have used Sandboxies free version for years, to take advantage of this offer. This offer is for you. I think using the free version has given you a good taste of what Sandboxie is about but the paid version takes what you can do with SBIE to a higher level. In my personal opinion, purchasing this license is the best money I have ever spent via the internet.

I pretty much do anything I want to do with Sandboxie. If I think about something I want to do with the sandbox, I do it. The license makes things automatic. You dont have to think about nothing. I mean, you click on a file or a program, and the file runs sandboxed, isolated from the system. You can even sandbox your USB drives. In my computers, if I plug a flash drive, the USB folder pops up open using a sandboxed version of Windows explorer. That is the safest way of running anything sandboxed with SBIE. No matter what kind of file or malware runs out there, if its gonna run, its gonna run sandboxed.

Most people using the free version, use Sandboxie to sandbox the browser. But in my opinion, I get more from SBIE when I sandbox attachments and any and all files that get created in my computers. Sandboxing the browser is just a tiny bit of what you can do with the sandbox. I have a simple rule, if a file is going to run in my PC and I don't care where I got it from or from whom, its gonna run sandboxed until the day it gets deleted. Thats a simple rule, and it works very nice. And easy to follow.

Bo

20. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Yes, people would be crazy not to buy a lifetime license, especially at this price. I'm actually surprised that Invincea is once again coming with such a generous offer. BTW, the newest version is running quite smooth on my system.

21. Thanks @bo and @Rasheed!
    I believe the sale ends midnight on Sunday Eastern Time. It starts tomorrow but I hear sometimes it can start later this evening.

And we're always looking for ways to get more and more people to purchase SBIE.

The Devs have been doing an excellent job :)

22. Peter2150

Hi Sandboxie Support

Craig is this you. :)

23. Jarmo P

Jarmo P Registered Member

My opinions tends to disagree with the above posts somewhat. A lifetime licence is not a right way to support a software like SBIE thast needs constant development. It is a way of people wanting to own software and its developer(s).

Though I agree with the Bo guy in that I mostly only use SBIE as a browser protection and not much else. That is why I have not purchased the license again. I see no need for it. Feel free to limit the free version protection and maybe then?

24. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

I personally feel the Sbie lifetime license I bought a few years ago was one of my best purchases :thumb:

25. chrcol

chrcol Registered Member

Hi I just purchased but didnt get the 40% off, if I send you my reference number can you apply the discount?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.