Sandboxie Acquired by Invincea

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by ad18, Dec 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wolfrun

wolfrun Registered Member

I can now verify that in FF 41.0.1 in Sandboxie with "flash protected mode unticked/off", that flash now works for me i.e. watching videos, movies, and games as well as HTML5 with no Sandboxie error warnings while engaged or upon deletion. Windows 7 64 bit. Rest of my setup is in my signature. This is with KB 3088195 windows update installed. Will post in Sandboxie forum also.

2. deugniet

deugniet Registered Member

3. wolfrun

Firefox 41.0.2 installed here as well and so far no problems with Sandoxie.

4. zmechys

zmechys Registered Member

Thanks, Bo for your response.
    I just need to make sure that my wife is able to use Chrome (her favorite browser) with Sandboxie, and ALL my headaches are gone.

About three months ago, I received a "stressful" phone call from my wife at home.
    She said that somehow her computer was taken over by some "nasty infection"/malware that completely paralyzed Windows 7.
    It happened without ANY "objections" from my BitDefender Internet Security 2015, AntiMalware Premium, Zemana Antilogger, etc...
    There was a phone number on the screen to call. My wife called that number and some person on the other end asked for $140 in order to fix that "problem", otherwise everything could be destroyed/wiped out/inaccessible.
    My answer was this:
    "If you clicked on the "pizza" ( my wife calls Sandboxie's icon "pizza") icon, then DON'T WORRY. Just shut down the computer and wait for me."
    She did not believe me. I told her, "just wait for me and DON'T PAY ANY MONEY."
    I drove home and shut down physically the computer. Upon restarting, I immediately deleted contents of Sandbox, and
    THERE WERE NO SIGNS OF ANY MALWARE after that.
    Once again, it happened without ANY "objections" from my BitDefender Internet Security 2015, AntiMalware Premium, Zemana Antilogger, etc...
    That's why I believe in Sandboxie.

5. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I think the landscape with windows updates may be changing. So far all the spyware that has leaked onto my machines is from Microsoft. They seemed determined to get us all to win 10, and it's getting annoying to say the least. With my security setup which relys on SBIE, I am about to ditch win updates on win 7. I didn't do them for the last 3 years of XP, and the world did not end.

6. Infected

Infected Registered Member

That's what I did. I haven't updated in a while, no harm done.

7. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

Nice story, zmechy:thumb:. Now she knows that Sandboxie really works. I bet she does nothing now with the computer without SBIE.

About BitDefender and Sandboxie. Perhaps there is a conflict between SBIE and Bit defender. For testing I recommend you uninstall it, check this thread from a couple of days ago. This guy did not get the exact error as you but is very similar. Uninstalling BD fixed his problem. I also read a thread yesterday about someone who had Zemana ON DEMAND and even though it was on demand, it caused issues with SBIE. Uninstall it, and see what happens.
    http://forums.sandboxie.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=21903&p=114438&hilit

Bo

8. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi guys

I don't think it really blocks the computer, just the browser. I've seen a few of these and no AV will catch them as it something running on the site in the browser. The right click on the "Pizza" does the trick.

9. zmechys

Could Sandboxie crash my computer with the following statements:
    Bad Pool Header (including Windows 8.1), System Service Exception?

10. bo elam

Beta version 5.05.2 has been released, it fixes the token error.:)
    http://forums.sandboxie.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=21855#p114056

Bo

11. WhoDatGuy

WhoDatGuy Registered Member

12. zmechys

I've installed that new Beta Version and, I think, my problems with Chrome are over, at least temporary, but...
    Before I installed the update, I'd tried your suggestion to create a new Sandbox just for Chrome without Drop Rights and IT WORKED. Thank you for your advice.

I said to myself, "why don't I do it the same thing with my default Sandboxie?", but...
    It did not work.
    Anyway, I'm using Chrome with my defaultbox.

13. zmechys

14. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

15. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Yes, same here. As Bo reported, 5.05.2 fixed the Chrome/SBIE issue created by kb3088195. My thanks as well. :thumb:

16. wolfrun

Looks like were back in business. 5.04.2 beta working well with both Firefox and Palemoon with Adobe Flash protection back on. Great job.:thumb: And that's with KB3088195 installed.

17. Overkill

Overkill Registered Member

That's awesome!

18. marzametal

marzametal Registered Member

Just switched Protection back on for Flash, and no issues... wrapped!

19. smith2006

smith2006 Registered Member

No problem :)

20. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

All well here after new sbie beta 5.05.2.

Windows Update KB3088195 now re-installed

21. Infected

When I add Chrome to the guarded apps in AppGuard and open Chrome in Sandboxie, I get an error saying,

SBIE1241 Cannot mount registry hive: [C0000034 / 22]
    SBIE2314 Canceling process chrome.exe

Is there a way around this? Actually, it happens with every program that I run like this. Notepad, Firefox etc..

22. WhoDatGuy

WhoDatGuy Registered Member

Are you running the newest Beta? It addresses the programs that are similar to this caused by the current Windows update.

23. Infected

I'm running v5.05.1 and I don't have KB3088195 installed, never have.

24. Jarmo P

Jarmo P Registered Member

Install 5.05.2 that should solve your issue.

What I don't still have is my license expired and SBIE defaultbox is in default settings. It won't delete my Chrome surfings as it was asked to do.
    Do I really need to put some leader programs etc to it? Does not sound right to me.

EDIT:
    This "C:\Program Files\Sandboxie\Start.exe" explorer.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe"
    getting Chrome EMET mitigated seems the culprit.

When starting Chrome without EMET mitigations, then after browser is closed the sandbox gets deleted by SBIE setting. As it is supposed to happen.

I with a licensee user SBIE boxes with browsers EMETed, I always used the leader and (lingering) programs so never got any problems of boxes getting deleted. This was revealed to me only now. You can't use EMET without problems with SBIE.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  25. bo elam

I think you should install 5.05.2 and see if that solves the error. If it doesnt, and this errors only occur when a program is guarded by AppGuard, then you probably have a conflict between SBIE and AppGuard. Read "If yy is 22", which applies to the message you getting.
    http://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?SBIE1241

Bo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.