Sandboxie Acquired by Invincea

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by ad18, Dec 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

Sandboxie beta 5.17.2 has been released. Change log with fixes and improvements below.
    http://forums.sandboxie.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=23888#p125732

I love Sandboxie betas, as usual, they come with gradual changes in between, this helps the developers and users figure out the cause of a problem and the fixes when issues arise. I read someone complaining about the way Invincea does betas but I think the way they doing it is the proper way of carrying the process of developing programs.

Bo

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  2. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

I haven't installed 5.17.2 yet, Bo. I just upgraded to Chrome 56 and Sandboxie auto deletion got broken in the process. As soon as I upgraded to SB 5.17.1, the issue was resolved. I'll be installing 5.17.2 probably later today. :thumb:

3. ExtremeGamerBR

ExtremeGamerBR Registered Member

After all, Firefox 51 is working well sandboxed or some workaround must be done?

4. bo elam

Firefox 51.0.1 is working fine under Sandboxie 5.17.2.

However, if webpages look blank or dont render properly, you can workaround the issue by disabling Multi process in Firefox. To do that, open about:config and change preference browser.tabs.remote.autostart to false.

You can upgrade Firefox to 51.0.1 and find Firefox working under Sandboxie without disabling Multi process and without conflict (thats my case), but if pages look blank, then go ahead and disable Multi process.

Bo

5. bo elam

I know there was some kind of lingering problem between Chrome 56 and Sandboxie that was fixed in Sandboxie 5.17.1. It sounds exactly like what you describe experiencing.

Bo

6. ExtremeGamerBR

I didn't knew that Lastpass and Random Agent Spoofer isn't compatible, so I could not use anyway.

Thanks!

7. bo elam

I am not familiar with those addons but as far as I know, Lastpass works with Sandboxie. Perhaps the Sandboxie template for Lastpass is old and obsolete? If thats your problem, read the link below. I didn't find anything about Random Agent Spoofer. It doesn't look like there anything on it but read the link below as it gives clues on what do when there is no SBIE template for an addon or program you are using or if an existing template is obsolete.
    http://forums.sandboxie.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=23544&p=123924&hilit#p123932

Bo

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  8. ExtremeGamerBR

I mean compatible with multi process, I'm sorry if it wasn't clear.

9. bo elam

OK, I guess you mean the addons are not compatible with Multi process.

Sandboxie with Multi process is working fine in my W7. Even so, I rather disable it but as you can see in the picture, I could use Multi process with SBIE if I wanted without conflict.

Sin título.jpg

Bo

10. ExtremeGamerBR

Ah, OK! Thank you! I will see what I can do.

11. meatouph

meatouph Guest

I have been using SBIE for many years.

The e10s incompatibility means nobody test Firefox beta releases.
    SBIE is paid software. As a customer I'm disappointed with its support since Tzuk left the project.
    Serious incompatibility issues with Chrome since 2014 caused me to change my main web browser. Now Firefox is broken. Edge is not supported as well as 'not many people are demanding such support'.
    Well, at least some completely useless Steam games works in SBIE which is just ridiculous.

I still wonder if they fixed GPO settings ignoring in SBIE. I guess they didn't as I have never seen anyone reporting the issue, either changelogs mentioning this.

SBIE is not only going slow but also in a wrong direction...

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2017
  12. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

Q: Um, should links called from setup installer in default sandbox open?
    I tried calling EULA & Policy links from installer run in default sandbox. No joy.

Outside sandbox, EULA & Policy links call https eula & https privacy policy
    links in installer.png

Thanks 5.17.2

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  13. bo elam

Hi bjm, calling EULA & Policy links from installer running sandboxed works fine. I tested with ManyCam, and Firefox. See where I clicked in the picture.

Sin título.jpg

Try a new sandbox with default settings. Also, perhaps your firewall has something to do regarding to why the link doesn't open for you in the sandbox. Just to see the behavior, you could also try another installer. Try this one for flash for Firefox (get installer at the bottom).
    https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-playe...ms-flash-player-windows.html#main-pars_header

Bo

14. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

Calling Flash for Firefox EULA in the same clean default sandbox as used with ManyCam works okay > http adobe.com/legal/licenses-terms.html#flash_player

I'll try to figure out calling ManyCam EULA.....from installer run in default sandbox.
    Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  15. Duotone

Duotone Registered Member

Cyberfox and Chrome is doing fine with Win7 x64...

16. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

If browsers are not working correctly anymore, then I can understand your frustration. But I'm sure they will fix these things quite fast, because SBIE is mainly used for browser sandboxing. BTW, Firefox v50 and the latest Vivaldi seem to work just fine on my Win 8.1 machine.

17. pling_man

pling_man Registered Member

I have now disabled multiprocess and put my sandbox level back to 1. For good measure I have moved from 32 to 64 bit Firefox as well. All works ok. Will re-enable multiprocess when there is a fix for sandboxie. Currently I am without malwarebytes so sandboxie is crucial to my security.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  18. ExtremeGamerBR

I believe that with Windows 10 CU I will stop using SandboxIE. Edge? Not supported. Chromium? In my daily use, from time to time the screen turns black, and returns to normal again, only when with SB. Firefox? It does not work correctly with e10s. TOR? It is a known problem. I believe that their difficulty in following updates and the constant evolution of certain browsers in security (Edge and Chromium, mainly) has made its use less and less necessary.

I've been using sandboxie for almost 5 years and it's always been one of my favorite programs.

19. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

I have a lifetime license for Sandboxie and have had so for years but have not used it for some time for just that reason, moved to Windows 10 and using Edge, works well, covered in the security department but would resume using again Edge was supported

20. XIII

XIII Registered Member

21. Duotone

Duotone Registered Member

Just hope they continue supporting SBIE...:thumb::thumb::thumb:

22. paulderdash

paulderdash Registered Member

Hope so too. They appear to be doing that with Surfright's products.

23. guest

guest Guest

This thread's title should be renamed "Sandboxie acquired by Invincea acquired by Sophos" :D

24. XhenEd

XhenEd Registered Member

We'll now wait for some company to acquire Sophos. :D

Anyway, just like with any other, I hope the acquisition brings fortune to all parties involved. :)

25. Mr.X

Mr.X Registered Member

Exactly my same thoughts :argh:
    And by looking at this trend, the chain will keep growing where a larger beast eats the smaller one. :ninja:
    Amazing is the software industry!

Hopefully we don't see: Sandboxie acquired by Invincea acquired by Sophos acquired by Microsoft. :gack:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.