Sandboxie Acquired by Invincea

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by ad18, Dec 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

Ahh, okay....now I see. Thanks

2. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

curious, anyone see this, anyone know why >

Firefox header color with Forced.
    background forced.png
    Firefox header color with Run Sandboxed.
    background run as.png
    Run Sandboxed color is my desktop color/colour.

Firefox50 x64 + W10 (10586.633) + 5.15.4

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
  3. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

4. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

Thanks, hope okay, I linked to Wilders #3179.

5. bo elam

6. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

IE and Chrome discrete sanbox's open Forced with desktop color.
    Same as Sandboxie Control
    Sanboxie Control green.png
    Guess, it's a Firefox thingy with W10.

7. bo elam

8. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

Oh, okay. I wasn't sure reply was for me.
    So, Forced renders grey header and Run Sandboxed renders green header, is Firefox not following the Win 10 color design specs.
    Why is Forced different from Run Sandboxed.
    It's the same Firefox sandbox. No biggy. Curious, just me..?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
  9. pling_man

pling_man Registered Member

I used to see this same behaviour with Windows 10. But changing the start.exe (in the Sandbox installation folder) to Windows 8 compatibility fixed it for me.

10. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

> set Sandboxie Start as Compatibility Windows 8. No joy.
    Forced & Run Sandboxed render grey header. Not Windows desktop color. #3179
    Thanks

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  11. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

I am running my pdf files sandboxed by default (in a default sandbox and not set up specifcally for only pdf files) and was using Sumatra as default pdf reader. I noticed that recently when opening a pdf file (by doubleclicking it) it will open sandboxed as expected but so will all other pdf files that I had opened in the same sandbox session perhaps hours ago. The next day the problem will be gone for the first pdf file as my sandboxes are set up to clear automatically when they are closed. During the day the collection starts again. Interestingly, this is a recent behaviour and does not happen when I change the default pdf reader to Nitro. I generally prefer Sumatra as it opens faster and guess i could create a new sandbox (paid version) to isolate pdf readers, so that everytime I close the pdf file I also close the sandbox. Just wondering what is causing this changed behaviour?

12. deugniet

deugniet Registered Member

13. bo elam

I am not familiar with Sumatra but that above sounds to me like a setting in the PDF Reader is causing that behavior. Try resetting settings in Sumatra to default.

Bo

14. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

Bo, thanks - you were right as usual. It was a setting in Sumatra and having changed that now, I am not having the issue today. So as long as sumatra was run in a specific sandbox that remains open, it can remember files across usages. Not sure why the issue only popped up recently as I don't remember changing anything in settings. The nice thing about Sumatra is that it is non-bloat without many settings.

15. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

16. bo elam

You are welcome, I am glad to help, Beethoven :).

The behavior of the reader as you open it, use it and close it should be identical in sandboxes that are set to delete on closing, and you should be able to use it as you use it when you are not using SBIE. So, you can run your PDFs in whatever sandbox you want to (the reader will run as long as it is allowed to run in Sandbox settings).

But, Sandboxie works best (as it is more secure) when you separate programs from each other, and since you are using Sandboxies paid version, you should be using a dedicated sandbox for your PDF reader. I recommend you create one. This would be the sandbox where you force the reader to run and where pdfs you download and recover to the hard drive will run when they get executed. And for convenience, allow the reader to run in your browsers sandbox and if you are using an email client, also allow the reader to run in that sandbox. PDFs will run in this sandboxes when you run one while doing this activities.

Bo

17. chrcol

chrcol Registered Member

so I updated sandboxie and now I cannot use it to run cyberfox.

it says some fetaures are disabled due to needing to be activated, but I already activated before so I need to everytime it updates?

How do I reactivate?

The about screen says Sandboxie is registered but the license should be reactivated now.

If I click register sandboxie, nothing happens.

--update--

I just noticed a license window open was open so I clicked activate now and get this.

"Product activation failed.

The license server did not specify reason for failure of activation"

Got to say I am not a fan of software that requires multiple reactivation's, it makes me want to look for a cracked version to avoid the hassle. Why break the product for legit customers?

--update--

did offline activation, if anyone has this issue, the url is here.

https://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?OfflineActivation

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
  18. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

19. bo elam

I never seen the message that you say it said that "some features are disabled due to needing to be activated", but regardless, Sandboxie automatically renews your license. You don't have to do anything.
    Whenever you update from one version to another (like from 5.12 to the next beta or to 5.14), the about screen says that "Sandboxie is registered but the license should be reactivated now." Just let it be, the reactivation happens on its own. You dont need to go in the Register sandboxie window for nothing or do an offline activation.

Bo

20. syrinx

syrinx Registered Member

For clarification, this is true only if the user has checked the option upon the first (or subsequent) activation which basically then tells sandboxie to automatically activate itself in the future without asking again...otherwise manual input is still required though the pop-up with the option should occur shortly after an update matching the x.xx scheme that needs an updated key from the server. It's not the most ideal solution IMO but it beats the ones that need to be able to phone home every time the program even starts in my book....

21. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

+1

22. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

At the moment I am getting the 'Needs to be reactivated in 6 days ' pop up for my lifetime license. When I click activate (there is no where to enter key) it fails with 'Product Activation Failed'' ''The License Server did not specify reason for failure of activation''

I have contacted Barb over at Sbie forum.

However I see others are having same issue

http://forums.sandboxie.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=23680

23. arran

arran Registered Member

Sandboxie Been Bypassed??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXyUlamqU2I

24. guest

guest Guest

There is surely some way to bypass it (especially in default settings), i heard some blackhats bragging about it, but never saw myself (yet) an effective demonstration.

Now what you call a bypass?

1- something is ran inside Sbie, and modified something on the system after Sbie being exited and the computer rebooted? so yes it may be one.

2- Sending datas from inside Sbie to somewhere? it isn't really one.

old example: https://www.corelan.be/index.php/20...the-sandbox-roulette-are-you-ready-to-ramble/

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2016
  25. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Give me a break. 1) Nothing has ever said sandboxie can't be detected. and 2) Listen to the soundtrack. Not someone I'd credit with a responsible video

Garbage

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.