Sandboxie 51% off on January 15!

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Fuzzfas, Jan 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ilya Rabinovich

Ilya Rabinovich Developer

Definitely, no! $40 is an initial price, price for year's updates will be $11.95 for a regular license.

2. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

ok, so i already own a valid DW licence Ilya ;)

so does that mean, it will cost me $12 a year?

im in 2 minds, because at the moment, i use neither....

but in the future, who knows what will happen, which is why the lifetime licence of sandboxie is currently appealing to me, for possible future use.

3. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

Yes. (+VAT, since you are in UK).

Lifetime is gooooood! You can't argue about that. :D It gives you the feeling that even if you 're not currently running it, you 're not wasting up time from your time limited license.

4. Ilya Rabinovich

Simple- if you'll make your mind to update, just put that money into my pocket and update. It doesn't mean you have to pay right after your initial license expired. I'm quite liberal with licensing. :)

5. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

that is exactly my thoughts,

my DW licence, i used for only 3-4 months, lifetime is at least 10 years if i carry on smoking as much as i do :)

6. Ilya Rabinovich

Maybe, it's good for customers, but not for security tool developer. As they are highly complex, we always need cash flow in order to keep the product always up to date, working with new Windows versions, problem issues and improvements. You don't expect that the piece of bred you just eat wil be extended for free, doesn't it?

7. Fuzzfas

That's nice to know! :thumb:

Mine is used even less. Since i bought it, i 've been changing setups twice a week. Now i try to stick with this one for a while just in order to take the habbit of not changing. :D

8. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Defensewall price is acceptable to me considering Some AntiVirus cost that or more and IMO do not provide the level of protection that DW does.Also considering what I pay for High speed internent Access pr year,whats 10.20 or 40 a yr for a strong security product,But a lifetime license is sweet.

9. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

As far as I know, the license is lifetime BUT again there is an annual update fee. Sandboxie, compared to DW and GW is a ONE-off fee; no annual updates.

10. Fuzzfas

I know and i understand. Actually Defensewall's renewal fee is reasonable. I was speaking in general. Lifetime licenses works in the long run only if there is a stable flow of new buyers and in advanced security applications that aren't wide known, this isn't easy.

Like you said, it's good for customers, i am a customer. :D I don't expect all companies to give lifetime licenses. But those who do, have my preference. :D It's not that i force them to adopt the lifetime license model.

Well, yes, like most firewalls, have lifetime license. It's that you just can't update it after the 1 year. So it's not what i call lifetime. Sandboxie does even more than one-off fee. It allows the same license to all the computers of the same owner. So if you have a desktop and a laptop, you can use the same Sandboxie license. Now how does Tzuk manage to live on with offers like that, i really don't know...

Last edited: Jan 11, 2009
  11. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

why bother with these few pennies,reformat or computerrepairshops are much more demanding ! :D

12. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

because as customers, we dont care from the business side.

we will price-match, compare products and features, compare and question everything, until we get what we want. :p

13. lost24

lost24 Registered Member

Definitely logical and unquestionable. However, have you ever considered making lifetime licenses available on special occasions (one or two days per year) ?

14. virtumonde

virtumonde Registered Member

Oh man .I just purchased DW also.Don't give me a hart attack :)

15. lost24

lost24 Registered Member

Lol, maybe in the future he will ... who knows. I had over a year left with OFP when I purchased my OSS lifetime license in late december.

To stay on-topic, of course, I'm going to grab this deal this Thursday :cool:

16. Ilya Rabinovich

Not in the available future.

17. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, all

To stay above the water line and to be very competitive are the foremost principles these days for any venture.

I would consult some marketing minds ( those who are complete outsiders, no any cyber experiences), to seek their views.

You may get a fresh inputs, and make your jaws dropped. That's why mega corporations often parachute fresh faces to fill the CEO positions.

Times are much different than those golden days. Flexibility in policy making is one of the essentials to stay afloat.

And NEVER say NO; at least you can ENTERTAIN the idea. eh?

18. SIR****TMG

SIR****TMG Registered Member

just can't wait

19. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

What is SBIE's return policy? And, does the paid version have a 30 day trial period? :)

20. soccerfan

soccerfan Registered Member

21. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

22. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Tick toc watching the clock almost time for a super deal of a lifetime.

23. wideglide36

wideglide36 Registered Member

I would like to thank the maker of Sandboxie, Ronen Tzur (I think that's how you spell it), and Bits du Jour for making this excellent software available at such a great low price.
    I have been using sandboxie for quite some time now and was just too cheap to register it. Tomorrow I will. I'm still cheap though. LOL

24. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I hope we all don't descend on the site at the same time and create a jam. :D

25. virtumonde

virtumonde Registered Member

Me too:)
    When i bought it 2 years ago it was 15$ without discount.I didn't know what it was about but sounded interesting and i was really desperate to find something reliable against malware becouse i had many PC infections.
    Today considering what this app can do,if all it's features are used and not only against malware,but in keeping the registry untouched while still able to perform many advanced tasks,Installing Games,Video editing etc, even 30$ or whatever the price is now is too little ImO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.