Sandboxie 3.52 Released

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by TheKid7, Jan 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

2. ruinebabine

ruinebabine Registered Member

3. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Registered Member

Thanks for update :thumb:

4. Carver

Carver Registered Member

The download is not 3.52 but 3.51.09 beta downloaded from Brothersoft through Sandboxie, maybe they haven't switched the download file yet.

5. SIR****TMG

SIR****TMG Registered Member

6. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Registered Member

You can download here: Sandboxie 3.52

7. Carver

Carver Registered Member

Thanks.

8. John Bull

John Bull Registered Member

I have tried to install SBxie 3.52 FOUR times and it failed. A panel with error messages came up and no way could I get an answer or rid of that damned panel except to exit SBxie. I tried over-ride and uninstall - NO GOOD.

Solution - re-install SBxie 3.50 until they get their act together.

Sbxie 3.50 went back like a dream and worked first time.

I will try 3.52 again in 6 months time when hopefully somebody debug`s the damned thing so it install`s properly and WORKS without upsetting our entire apple cart.

For the time being - Hasta la vista 3.52. Don`t ring me, I`ll ring you.
    John

9. LODBROK

LODBROK Guest

Installed free 3.52 over existing free 3.50 on two XP SP3 systems. No issues. Runs great. Sandboxie's act is A+ and quite together.

10. John Bull

Thanks for that information, much appreciated.
    No idea why it does`nt like me, but then it is not alone. I tried hard to get it going, but in vain. 3.50 went back like a dose of salts, absolutely no problems and I used the same technique.

I will give it another try when I`ve cooled off a bit.
    YABBA-DABBA-DOO Lod, why me ? I`m kind to animals, pay my taxes and help old ladies across the road. OK, I swear a bit, but nobodies perfect.

Thanks again - John

11. Gobbler

Gobbler Registered Member

3.52 is doing perfectly here:thumb:

12. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

3.52 installed perfectly overtop of 3.50 on two machines.

@JohnBull... given your install problems, and my personal experience with ZA firewall for the better part of 10 years, I would suggest to you that your difficulties can probably be traced back to your firewall. I won't even begin to summarize the issues I had on my computers, except to say they all seemed to magically fade away when I uninstalled ZA and loaded Online Armor. Obviously I liked ZA quite a bit (or I wouldn't have hung on so tenaciously for 10 years), but when I finally decided and understood that it was one way or another at the root of so many of my computer software problems, I never looked back. And the difference in program installs and upgrades is exceptional!

I don't mean to stray OT in this post by discussing ZA, but when you say things like you're gonna wait until Sandboxie "gets their act together" & "hopefully somebody debug`s the damned thing", I think seriously that you are a bit off the mark in your assessment of who and what is wrong with your machine. Suffice it to say, I don't think Sandboxie is to blame.

Think it over, John. :)

13. rookieman

rookieman Registered Member

Did this with Win7 with no problems.

14. John Bull

Page my dear friend,
    First, there is nothing wrong with my machine.

Second, I had ZA switched off and Windows firewall off as well.

Third, Spyshelter was switched off.

Fourth, OA on my machine was utter rubbish, kept freezing sites. Dumped it in favour of ZA which has performed impeccably. So you see, ZA is no use to you and OA is no use to me. Does this mean both our machines are at fault ? Of course not.

Fifth, 3.50 install`s like it was made to fit. Not a single problem.

Sixth, 3,52 fails repeatedly, I wonder why ? If 3.50 goes OK, then so should 3.52, especially as it install`s OK on other machines. But life is not that simple. 3.52 did not like Safe Mode.

Seventh, sorry about my crude expressive dialogue, but that`s how the cookie crumbles.

Eighth, OK, 3.52 obviously install`s on other set-up`s. Just one of those funnies we all have to suffer. I could state many cases where I have successfully installed a program and others have failed.
    It is a common situation to all of us having different software combinations, different Windows versions, different computers etc.

Finally, as I said before, I will try 3.52 at a later date and meanwhile carry on with a superbly working 3.50 and impeccable ZA.
    3.52 is obviously OK, so my huffing and puffing was wrongly expressed, sorry about that, but it does not pin the fault on me or my equipment.

The big question is :- Why does 3.50 install with NO problems whilst 3.52 repeatedly FAILS ?

Thanks for your comments.
    John

15. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

My over the top install was, like always, perfect on XP SP3. John, maybe,
    you have one too many security programs at the same time. In the past
    there has been conflicts with Zone alarm, so maybe there is still a conflict.
    http://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?KnownConflicts#zonealarm8

You should check software compatibility options in Sandboxie and see if
    it shows one for Zone alarm, there might be one, and if its there put a
    check on it.

Bo

16. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

John you aren't installing it in safe mode are you?

It has to install a driver and so will need normal mode I guess.

17. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

Hi Bo! Nice to see your post. Ver. 3.52 fixes a problem for me that I had with the previous version and Chrome's baked-in Flash player. Tzur fixed it in a beta within a couple of days of my bringing it to his notice. :thumb:

That's when I noticed that the betas are about half the size (in download terms) than the previous stable! Anyways, upgrade as usual was smooth.

18. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Installed perfectly here(over the top) on Vista Ultimate SP2, XP Pro SP3, and XP Home SP3.

19. Scoobs72

Scoobs72 Registered Member

'Switching off' is not the same as uninstalling. Too many hooks on your system? The only way to identify the problem is to start uninstalling the possible culprits...or stick with 3.50. Your choice.

20. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

I upgraded Sandboxie from version 3.50 to version 3.52 on one of my Windows XP Pro SP3 PC's yesterday and have seen no issues. I will upgrade Sandboxie on my other two Windows XP Pro SP3 PC's in the near future.

21. John Bull

I love all your replies and thank you.

BUT, in absolute terms, you must address this :-
    The big question is :- Why does 3.50 install with NO problems whilst 3.52 repeatedly FAILS ?
    My answer - The difference between success and failure is a mere 0.02 ! AND the only change is to SBxie, not my system.

John

Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  22. John Bull

Well Scoobs, when I invite a guest to my party, I don`t clear the house out to suit their personal fetishes.
    They don`t like what they see, then they can take a hike.

Sbxie has never been a problem before on updates, so why now ? I am not uninstalling anything for some newcomer, so let us forget that option, it is a non-starter. I never messed SBxie up - they did.

John

23. mick92z

mick92z Registered Member

Off you go again.In the time youv'e spent repeating yourself here, you could have posted your error messages on th SB forum. I'm sure Tzuk, would be happy to help.My guess is, you just like the sound of your own voice.

24. Scoobs72

Scoobs72 Registered Member

If you're not interested in investigating then why ask questions such as :

"Why does 3.50 install with NO problems whilst 3.52 repeatedly FAILS ?"
    "Sbxie has never been a problem before on updates, so why now ?"

Maybe there are no conflicts with your existing software. Maybe SBIE just hates you personally.

25. John Bull

I am so grateful for your flattering personal comments and superbly helpful advice.

Thank you.
    John

PS - My questions put on the Sandboxie Forum have never been answered.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.