Sanboxie 64bit exprimental enable kills sandboxie

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by GrammatonCleric, Aug 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrammatonCleric

GrammatonCleric Registered Member

So I decided to enable the 64bit experimental protection on my Win7 64bit but it kills sandboxie.
    Upon reboot Sandboxie has a giant exclemation mark and it tells me that Access to the Driver was denied.
    I use OA++ and Mamutu.

2. Scoobs72

Scoobs72 Registered Member

Step 1 is probably following the advice given in the other thread you started, which would be to remove Mamutu due to the overlap with OA++.

3. GrammatonCleric

Will try that.
    But mamutu is a different beast from OA HIPS.

4. 1chaoticadult

1chaoticadult Registered Member

It might be a different beast but it is unnecessary IMO because you have OA++.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  5. Scoobs72

Not really. They both monitor the installation of drivers, for example, which is the problem you're having.

6. GrammatonCleric

Yes that is true.

However the main reason why I want to run both which might seem unnecessary or illogical is that I don't trust myself to make all the correct choices when it comes to allowing HIPS prompts during fairly unknown software installs. For example I might allow an OA++ prompt few times during install since I think it's "normal" but then the behavioral analysis of MAMUTU might jump in and tell me "hey stupid this software is attempting to do few things that might result in malicious intent". This allows me to give the software a "2nd look" and further analysis.

Just my thought process.

7. Scoobs72

See your other thread for a response to that question. I think your approach is flawed unfortunately. Just keep one of them - OA++ would be my recommendation.

8. Jose_Lisbon

Jose_Lisbon Registered Member

That wouldn't ever happen because a HIPS (as in OA) is much more comprehensive than any Behaviour Blocker.

Scoobs is right when he says:

9. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

I tried the experimental 64 bit mode yesterday and so far the only problem is the Sb icon doesn't appear in the system tray of my user account (it appears fine in admin), but at least when I launch a forced app or choose to launch anything sandboxed, the tray icon appears and remains.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.