Samsung is actively disabling Windows Update on at least some computers

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by ronjor, Jun 24, 2015.

1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

2. RJK3

RJK3 Registered Member

Pretty arrogant of Samsung to disable Windows Update in this manner, with such a spurious rationale.

3. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

4. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

It's serious & funny.

5. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

http://venturebeat.com/2015/06/26/s...p-disabling-windows-update-within-a-few-days/

6. RockLobster

RockLobster Registered Member

This begs the question, who do you trust more with root access to your computer, MS or Samsung ....

7. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

Samsung's SW Update software didn't disable Windows Update on my laptop.

8. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

I've had a problem for more than 2 years trying to upgrade my Samsung machine (high end) from Win 8 to Win 8.1. I've managed last week end as Samsung has finally produced new drivers for all the issues following the upgrade.

All is well? No way, I've just discovered that the recovery program "Recovery"(provided by Samsung) which has reliably restored images with Win 8, doesn't work anymore with Win 8.1, it backs up alright but when I try to restore an image the process doesn't start without any error notification.

I'm stuck with Win 8.1, but what is even worse I have no working image backup. I'm planning to see Samsung service this week and see if they can do something about it. Very disappointing from Samsung and Microsoft. What is really frightening from my point of view is that I've just received a notification by MS that I can reserve a free upgrade to Win 10 to be downloaded on July 29th... Great it's free but another nightmare with Samsung?

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.