Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Replaces The PC

Discussion in 'hardware' started by roger_m, Jun 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

This is not a new video, but I just found it. It shows using the Note II connected to a monitor via HDMI, and using a mouse and keyboard, in an attempt to replace a PC with a smartphone.

hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nh2NSLgaII

2. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

if you use an external monitor, keyboard etc, you're not replacing anything, you become that.
    Mrk

3. Windows_Security

Windows_Security Registered Member

I gave my laptop to my wife and started using an Asus Transformer Pad (basically a clam tablet+keyboard) with a mouse (on retractable cord).

Performance is okay, battery life is ten-times as good, combo of keyboard and touchscreen works great. Only hassle was setting up a good synchronisation between my business Outlook (on desktop) and tablet.

I throwed away my smartphone and bought an old fashioned (small) Nokia with superb battery life. Sending what's app/mails/etc from my tablet with 3G.

For someone on the road a lot, it is the perfect solution (for now). When battery life of smart phones and PC improve dramatically, I will revert to laptop and smartphone again :D (larger screen is better).

Agree that a tablet with keyboard is another implementation of a laptop (with touch screen and superb battery life), for me it performs the exact same function (mobile computing with or without the availability of a table)

4. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I have ditched the option of desktop already and now i plan to ditch the laptop as well. A large screen smart phone mainly plus may be a hybrid tablet. That,s enough. My PC use is light, net, light office docs and some YouTube, photos etc.

Waiting for Ubuntu touch.

5. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

My Galaxy S4 has pretty much replaced my laptop and tablet. The only computer I really use these days is my desktop for PC gaming and if smartphone gaming starts getting up to PC level i may ditch the PC as well!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.